Main Menu

2022 Advent comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2022, 07:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Colin you're a legend, that's some work fun ethic you've got there.

MIK, that's beyond extraordinary...

Rogue Judge

Very cool M.I.K! I have no concept of how long something like that took, but kudos for doing it. Well done!

broodblik

Cool stuff so far thanks guys. My talents unfortunately is only good to offend people :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Another great look back at a Christmas past JWare
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JayzusB.Christ

A brilliant write-up of the best Christmas Dredd ever.  I was very young at the time and but clearly remember my brother buying that shop in a newsagent's that still exists, amazingly, but no longer stocks the prog, and loved that story - I vividly remember the irreverent Italian-American nativity scene.  If the priests, nuns, and Christian Brothers who ran the show back then had taken the time to check our reading material, they would have had Tharg extradited and lynched.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

The Italian show was a Thing That Went Over My Head.
C'mon – how could I be expected to know Fellini's ?
In fairness.

I doubt if it occurred to the Brothers in my school that comics could be blasphemous. They were too concerned with stamping out smoking in the toilets (or, in the case of one Brother, bumming smokes from boys caught smoking).
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

I certainly didn't know there was a Fellini connection - I have just learned it this minute, in fact.  In fairness the Brothers in my school weren't the absolute worst of the teachers either, though that was a low bar.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

Thanks for that submission JWare . I do remember those stories in the annuals and I believe I have never read them to this day 😳

However I did read the one you posted and it was very enjoyable.

Looking forward to looking back tomorrow

JohnW

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 11 December, 2022, 09:06:31 AM
I do remember those stories in the annuals and I believe I have never read them to this day

Please tell me you at least did the crosswords.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

To be fair, your story there is better than a lot of the old annual text stories, JWare.  Great stuff altogether - love the America-style potted history of MC1, and the America-style in-depth look at that history's effect on Mega-Citizens.  You'd be mental not to go mental in MC1.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: JWare on 11 December, 2022, 11:27:15 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 11 December, 2022, 09:06:31 AM
I do remember those stories in the annuals and I believe I have never read them to this day

Please tell me you at least did the crosswords.

Only one year as after that for what ever reason I didn't want to write/deface what I thought of as my SYFY bible 😳

JohnW

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 December, 2022, 11:52:22 AM
To be fair, your story there is better than a lot of the old annual text stories

Thank you kindly, sir.
There was some serious talent producing those stories sometimes. I fondly remember a Pete Milligan take on Max Normal, as well as some bonkers John Smith efforts. Mind you, it was still a bit of a mixed bag. There was a Hershey story in the 1988 Dredd annual for instance, written by some guy called Neil Gaiman, and if that was the best he could do then he can't have amounted to much. The accompanying art was really nice though.

Colin YNWA

Great, insightful stuff JWare.

Trooper McFad

Great pic Hoagy- welcome to the submission club 👍🏻😁

Hoagy

Thanks for your patience Trooper!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract