Main Menu

XPRESSO SPECIALS X 2 ???

Started by ARRISARRIS, 13 February, 2004, 09:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

Just a general quetion really, around about the time that Crisis was finishing they, (i think) were trying european reprints in a british format, correct me if im wrong but i think only 2 were ever produced, and came under the 2000ad banner so can be classed as part of the collection, does anyone have anymore details??

starscape

Currently in Egypt so don't have access to my collection but, yes, there were two.  The first was, I believe just called Espresso (IIRC two Flamenco dancers kissing), the other was Black Coffee In Bed (again, IIRC).  I think the first was a branch of Revolver rather than Crisis.

ARRISARRIS

Thanks, are there many issues out there, or are they very rare?

ukdane

There were two, and they were "Revolver Specials"
Their details will be up on this site in the next few weeks.
Cheers

-Daney

fred

I have the second of "The Expresso Special" which was a Crisis presentation. It was made for "mature coffee tables" and featured "the best in European strip art", by Milo Manara and Lorenzo Mattotti (Italy), Benoit Sokal (Belguim), Max Cabanes (France), Miguelanxo Prado (Spain), Matthias Schultheiss (Germany), and Sean Phillips and Rachel Ball (UK).

The cover features two flamenco dancers by Milo Manara and is called Tango.

Revolver did something similar with a "Romance Special", that had a cover by Bolland of a Princess kissing a frog, and featured work from Daniel Cacouault, D'Israeli, Caroline della Porta, Garth Ennis, Glenn Fabry, Ed Hillyer, Julie Hollings, Myra Hancock, Shaky Kane, Miguelanxo Prado, John Smith, Nicholas Vince, Sean Phillips and Chris Webster.

Revolver also did a Horror Special.

fred
fred

ARRISARRIS

Yep, i have the horror and romance specials, does anyone remember that one in the horror one with the man eating virgina???? Just imagine if Scream had done stuff like that.....

maryanddavid

had a look and this is how it goes
crisis presents, the revlver romance special no1
crisis presents the expresso special no 2
crisis preaents the second expresso no3
 confusing?
hope it helps