Main Menu

Some suggestions about this board

Started by Systematic, 05 April, 2004, 07:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Dunno. I think I've killfiled everyone else to protect groupthink integrity.

Queen Firey-Bou

opinions? move over fan boys, you forgot about me & now there'll be trouble;

i want one of these, but with a grenade launcher.http://www.balnacra.com/fire/truckanim.gif">

Devons Daddy

just to say something that may not have been said for a while

this is a great site,
wake has worked damn hard to create this very high standard and lets not forget. last year it was a highly placed site at the comic awards.
wooden rocket i think it was.

lots o sites have other other things.emotioncon etc. we dont, but it does not need it.if we get them fine no problem. if we dont it will not detract form what makes this place great.

WAKES HARD WORK for the site and our interaction with each other on the board.

WAKE YOU DO A GREAT JOB.this is my favourite place on the entire WWW here.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

Systematic
welcome to the board.

this is a wonderful place,99% of the time,the other 1% its just great.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Max Kon

Wake, why not have a list of the html options that can be used because for those of us that havent studdied html don't know them all.

CyberMax

P.S.
DD you NEVER wellcomed me to the board.

Wake

For help click help. It should explain how to use bold and italics. For images and links the intention is that you should use the optional fields provided below the message window, unless you know what you are doing.

Cheers,

Wake

Tiplodocus

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to filter what I see on the board?

I know we can choose the limit of days but can I get rid of the (increasing) number of Off-Topic posts?

I'm not sure yet whether I want to do this - some off-topic posts are still SF and  Fantasy film and comic related (just not 2000AD) and I'd still be interested in these whereas some other off-topic stuff (What size shoes do you wear?) really belongs in the bin.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Quirkafleeg

One thing that annoys me is when you click onto a thread from the board and you get sent to the end of the thread that happens to be the beginning of a new page  - so you get two rows of the page 1 page 2 stuff and you have to click onto the previous page to see the last message(s)

Hope that makes some sort of sense

Art

Heh. With the right killfile settings you can have 3 or 4 empty pages in a 5 page thread...

Matt Timson

Who said that?

The old ones are the most predictable, though not always the best...

;)
Pffft...

Oddboy

I like it as it is.

Regarding 'edit' function - just post a second message saying "D'oh! I meant to say pilchards!!"
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mr D

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to filter what I see on the board?

I know we can choose the limit of days but can I get rid of the (increasing) number of Off-Topic posts?

I'm not sure yet whether I want to do this - some off-topic posts are still SF and Fantasy film and comic related (just not 2000AD) and I'd still be interested in these whereas some other off-topic stuff (What size shoes do you wear?) really belongs in the bin.

I think it's DEcreasing now... Krusty went a little loco a while back but since he stopped it's mostly gone now.

Trout

The board is back to normal, IMO.

Just the right mix of on-topic, off-topic and weird shit that's somewhere in between.

- Trout

Floyd-the-k

I second DD`s post. This is a brilliant site.

DavidXBrunt

Ah now, it wasn't just Krusty. I was as guilty as the next man. Assuming the next man isn't Logan. But there was a lot of it about, agreed. Hence a lot of peoples decisions to post 'on-topic' discussion type things. As a result there have been some interesting debates.