Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Crikey, was also the production designer for The Return to Oz, so I have Norman Reynolds to thank for years of trauma (and subsequent inspiration).

The wonders of the unsung vital cogs who make the movie industry machine run, not a bad legacy mind.

Dandontdare

Quote from: sheridan on 05 April, 2023, 07:35:25 PMKlaus Teuber, 70, game designer.  Specifically designer of Settlers of Catan, probably the most influential single game to be released in recorded memory (practically gave birth to the genre of German* Board** Games).

* the genre isn't limited to German games
** the genre isn't limited to board games

Catan is such a lovely simple game concept, no wonder it was influential. Anyone played Dorfromantik? a similar gentle online game

rogue69

S Club 7 singer Paul Cattermole aged 46

broodblik

I just want to pass my personal condolences to Michael Carroll for his lost of his dad on the 3rd of April. Always sad news to loose someone close to you.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: broodblik on 08 April, 2023, 03:55:17 PMI just want to pass my personal condolences to Michael Carroll for his lost of his dad on the 3rd of April. Always sad news to loose someone close to you.

Ah no, deepest condolences to Michael and his. By no means an easy time to go through, hope he is holding together all right.

JohnW

Sympathies and all good wishes to Mike.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

rogue69

Rachel Pollack, best known as a writer on the comic books Doom Patrol and New Gods, aged 77
https://comicbook.com/comics/news/doom-patrol-writer-rachel-pollack-dead/

Richard

Sorry for your loss Michael.

JayzusB.Christ

Aw, man, really sorry, Mike.  If you see this, I hope you're all coping.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Batman's Superior Cousin

My deepest condolences Mike and hope you & all your family are coping alright doing the Easter hols.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

The Legendary Shark

My condolences to you and yours, Michael.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

rogue69

Al Jaffee aged 102, Mad magazine artist and creator of the Mad Fold-In

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/10/arts/al-jaffee-dead.html

rogue69

Trooper McFad

Hill Sixteen - another horse dies for  our sporting entertainment! 😡
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Angry Vince

Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)