Main Menu

Dredd is the number 1 DVD/Blu Ray!!

Started by chuffsteruk, 22 January, 2013, 01:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazy efc

I keep hearing that dredd so far has sold really well on home video which is music to all
are ears im sure. I was thinking that its got to be on its way to making its money back
in home video and box office revenue combined. And dare i say that down the road it might make a profit
its the least it deserves  :thumbsup:

Michaelvk

Just have to mention it looks cracking on my new iPad mini. That is all.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

HunterZolomon

I got both the DVD and the Blu-Ray. Show of support and I haven't got a Blu-Ray player or 3D TV yet, but I will ;)

Also, every single friend I've recommended it to loved it! Even those who know nothing about the character at all. A common phrase was "Is the comicbook this cool?". :D

Beadle68

Bat King

Yeah I got both too. But CF is getting all the international ones as well one wouldn't wonder.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mardroid

I got a message from Amazon today informing me my Blu-ray was on the way. It's the first Blu-ray I've ever bought. The second was the second series of Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles picked up today. Second hand bargain from CEX. Not a bad start I think.

Having yet to watch a Blu-ray (although I've watched HD stuff online, which I'd imagine looks the same) I'm sceptical I'll see much difference particularly as our HD telly is on the smaller side but it will be interesting to see. Terminator... looks worth it for the extras though.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Dredd again. This time in 2D.

Fisticuffs

A good BluRay is to DVD what DVD was to VHS. You will not regret it. :)

Mardroid

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 27 January, 2013, 05:07:29 PM
A good BluRay is to DVD what DVD was to VHS. You will not regret it. :)
Really? I didn't think the jump was nearly as great and I heard that with smaller sets you can't see a difference. Mind you, I think the size where you start to see a difference is 32" and I think our set is 38". So I might just notice. I have noticed that SD through the HD set is fuzzy (something to do with adding extra pixels to fill out the image) but it doesn't look nearly as bad on an actual regular definition set. That being said up scaling a DVD looked pretty nice.

SuperSurfer

As I recently moved I didn't get the chance to pop into town to try buy the Dredd DVD until yesterday.

Get this: SOLD OUT in HMV Oxford St. :o

After looking around for ages, my conversation with HMV member of staff:
Me: Have you got the Dredd DVD?
HMV: No, it's sold out.
Me: You serious?
HMV: Yes, it's that good.
Me: I know. And to think, it flopped at the cinema.
HMV: It's so good I saw it twice.
Me: Me too. It's the only film I've seen twice in the cinema?

At that point, some people were hovering to talk to him so I thought no problem, I'll head to Fopp to buy it there. Also sold out. Said they might get more in a couple of weeks. :(

Great news but it means there was no presence of the Dredd movie in those stores.

Whoever is making/supplying the DVDs/Blu-rays – get more in the shops! You and Rebellion will make money.

And I will get my DVD.

Guess it will have to be Amazon.

JOE SOAP

HdE

Hearing that the DVD / Blu-ray is still flying off the shelves is really heartening.

I've now watched my copy about four times. I. WANT. MORE!!!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

hazy efc

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 January, 2013, 11:59:02 PM

They really need to start work on a steelbook edition for a second round of sales.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151120933362851&set=o.7456886002&type=1
I could not agree more but as much as i would welcome a steelbook edition they would
have to load it with more extras

Bubba Zebill

I bought it via Amazon on Blu-ray and again on iTunes (HD)...the post was just too slow.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Teivion

radiator

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 28 January, 2013, 11:29:56 PM
As I recently moved I didn't get the chance to pop into town to try buy the Dredd DVD until yesterday.

Get this: SOLD OUT in HMV Oxford St. :o

After looking around for ages, my conversation with HMV member of staff:
Me: Have you got the Dredd DVD?
HMV: No, it's sold out.
Me: You serious?
HMV: Yes, it's that good.
Me: I know. And to think, it flopped at the cinema.
HMV: It's so good I saw it twice.
Me: Me too. It's the only film I've seen twice in the cinema?

At that point, some people were hovering to talk to him so I thought no problem, I'll head to Fopp to buy it there. Also sold out. Said they might get more in a couple of weeks. :(

Great news but it means there was no presence of the Dredd movie in those stores.

Whoever is making/supplying the DVDs/Blu-rays – get more in the shops! You and Rebellion will make money.

And I will get my DVD.

Guess it will have to be Amazon.

Could that not just be because HMV are having trouble with their suppliers?