Main Menu

This is the News!

Started by Funt Solo, 28 March, 2022, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JWare on 28 February, 2023, 10:48:23 AM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 28 February, 2023, 09:23:53 AMHm, the patch update is still buggy, can't get anything to run at 60 FPS.

I'm still seeing that weird thing with the ludicrous yellow hair. I thought that glitch got sorted out months ago.

These posts gave me a much needed chuckle. Fair play :)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JWare on 28 February, 2023, 10:48:23 AM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 28 February, 2023, 09:23:53 AMHm, the patch update is still buggy, can't get anything to run at 60 FPS.

I'm still seeing that weird thing with the ludicrous yellow hair. I thought that glitch got sorted out months ago.

Early signs indicate they still haven't sorted out the DUP.exe's compatibility issues. It may still be stuck in its recursive loop of just outputting "NO". They may just have to accept it's far too outdated to bother trying to get it to integrate
You may quote me on that.

JohnW

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Tjm86

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 28 February, 2023, 02:48:02 PMEarly signs indicate they still haven't sorted out the DUP.exe's compatibility issues. It may still be stuck in its recursive loop of just outputting "NO". They may just have to accept it's far too outdated to bother trying to get it to integrate

It think you will find that the most recent version of DUP is not in fact an exe but has actually been written on a ZX81 in Sinclair Basic.  Even this was considered somewhat heretical by some members of the party who had still not moved beyond Stone_Tablet ...

Funt Solo

You scoff, but their plan to chip off NI and float it across the sea and hook it onto Merseyside has several merits - not least the utter destruction of the Isle of Man. Once Liverpool is newly landlocked, Belcoo can claim its rightful place as an international shipping port.

And they said it couldn't be done! Uhm ... begorah!
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

JohnW

Begorah? Wasn't that one of the monsters that fought Gojira?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

lincnash

Quote from: JWare on 28 February, 2023, 07:23:44 PMBegorah? Wasn't that one of the monsters that fought Gojira?

I think he's the one with Atomic Jameson Breath.  :)
Cue TOHO soundtrack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsArE4XpZ60

JohnW

Quote from: lincnash on 28 February, 2023, 09:09:41 PMI think he's the one with Atomic Jameson Breath.
Careful now, Linc. If you've ever seen the Scots getting touchy over national stereotypes on this board, just consider how many Irish are here, and what bad-tempered sonsabitches we all are.
(But hey – feel free to mock the English. Lovely fellas all, and they can take a joke with the best of 'em.)

lincnash

Quote from: JWare on 01 March, 2023, 04:40:59 PMCareful now, Linc.

:o
Didn't mean to offend anyone and apologies if I did, thought I was just continuing with the TOHO banter and riffing on the overused 'drinker trope'. Too much personal info but from an Ozzer with Emerald Isle forebears that emigrated in the 1870s, if that counts for anything. Aware of the heavy drinker stereotype from both the Australian and Irish sides but never let it get under the skin.

Know all about nationality stereotypes as most Ozzer Squaxx still hold a grudge (joking really) against the Wagner and Grant droids for the gross stereotypes in the OZ saga. Long memories over Judge Bruce, Jug McKenzie and just about every generic OZ character introduced way back when. But we do appreciate a bit of black self-depreciating humour every now and then.  :lol:

JohnW

Not a bother. No offence taken at all. I was joking myself. My apologies if I made it seem otherwise.
However, even before you mentioned it, thoughts on idle stereotypes led me to wonder how you might have viewed Wagner & Grant's portrayal of Judge Shrimp-on-the-Barbie and Judge G'Day Mate back in 1987. The prog's past record on cultural sensitivies doesn't bear too close inspection.

Speaking of which, has anybody yet read the Comic Book Herald piece on Grant Morrison advertised in today's Thrillmail?
In examining the ill-remembered Morrison Dredds, the writer uses the word 'Orientalism' all of fourteen times. I've only ever used it once, and that was just now. That said, if my name was Ritesh Babu and I was critiquing Morrison's portrayal of Asian characters, I might have good cause to haul out the big words too.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: lincnash on 01 March, 2023, 08:46:22 PM
Quote from: JWare on 01 March, 2023, 04:40:59 PMCareful now, Linc.

:o
Didn't mean to offend anyone and apologies if I did, thought I was just continuing with the TOHO banter and riffing on the overused 'drinker trope'. Too much personal info but from an Ozzer with Emerald Isle forebears that emigrated in the 1870s, if that counts for anything. Aware of the heavy drinker stereotype from both the Australian and Irish sides but never let it get under the skin.

Sure an' Oi've kilt men for less, so I have, so I have.

Nah, no offence taken here either - in fact I have to admit that in my little canalside / houseboat community anyway, most of us are at least borderline alcoholics, myself no exception. 

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

How about that? A note of conciliation from JayzusB "Mad Dog" Christ himself – the man to whom the Leinster Bareknuckle Boxing Federation recently handed down a lifetime ban. :D

And I'm sorry for derailing this thread to hell and gone. All it took was one innocent Begorrah to sidetrack me.
More importantly, my mention of Grant Morrison above deserves a thread of its own, I suppose.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Youse'uns south of the border are a contentious lot so ye are.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

Keep it down over there.

*bangs a pan against the Irish Sea*

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JWare on 01 March, 2023, 10:04:22 PMHow about that? A note of conciliation from JayzusB "Mad Dog" Christ himself – the man to whom the Leinster Bareknuckle Boxing Federation recently handed down a lifetime ban. :D
 suppose.

Bejabbers!