Main Menu

Hewlett - Tonights Jonathon Ross.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 25 November, 2005, 02:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Jamie Hewlett is appearing on tonights Jonathon Ross. You could glean that much from the thread title. He's on with Damon Albarn to promote the new Gorillaz stuff. A moments reflection would have made that obvious.

Teletext keep up their tradition of being almost but, crucially, not quite right when previewing programmes as they named his Jamie Hewitt. The idea of James Hewitt working for Tharg makes me shudder.

In a similar vein they got confused the other day and said Kimberley Quinn was appearing in the new series of 'I'm a Celebrity'.

Carlsborg Expert

He really is pushing his illustratory technique to the top. Good on Hewlett.

I hope Wossy asks him about his comic work being a bit of a collector himself. Hint,hint Johnny you lurking nerd.:)

House of Usher

I hardly think Jonathan Ross will be able to contain himself given a genuine reason to talk about comics, bearing in mind he'll ordinarily seize upon the most tenuous pretext.
STRIKE !!!

Tanky

Quality! What time? Gotta set the video...

Hope Ross asks about those return of Tank Girl rumours...

Aaron Smurf Murphy

They're not rumors. Spoke to Alan Martin last week and it's on. Titan just fecked around with contracts, Alan's writing it all.

The idea is they get Phillip Bond, Glynn Dillon and some new guy called Kim do the major work and Hewlett'll do the stories he's more suited to and the covers.

This'll get going in the next year or two according to Alan. He put it that Jamie's involvment would be for the love of it over money despite the fact that he no longer loves Tank Girl.

Tanky

Ooh! Cheers Mr Sinister, that's pretty cool!

Adrian Bamforth

So how come you spoke to Alan Martin and what's he been doing all this time?

ADE

Aaron Smurf Murphy

He was at the Brighton Expo. Officially a guest in reality he jast sat at a table near the bar and drank lager. He seemed very laid back so I said hello, sat down and asked a few questions, got my Tank Girl books signed and wished him the best.

He did'nt really explain his abscence beyond being bone idle so I just cleared up a few rumors I'd heard over the years. He wasn't dead, he never lived in a caravan in north wales, he did work in Southampton pub for a while and he blew some of his royalties on drugs but not all.

Basically, from what I could see, he was back simply to see where comics have been for the last 10 years and would speak to anyone who came upto him. I saw Rufus and some other dude have a conversation as I walked by later in the day and I gave him a Smoking Thrills sticker on the Sunday.  

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

ukdane

Can some one record it and put it online?
Cheers

-Daney

Megadeth

Can some one record it and put it online?

If you use bittorrent then http://www.uknova.com will have it for download before the weekend is over.

Adrian Bamforth

the show is usually repeated on BBC3 if you can get it, Saturdays I think.

ADE

Queen Firey-Bou

Yo !

Its a lad called Kit not Kim doing the art, very funky artist he is too.
Alan has a couple of things on the go at the mo, including a bookie he sells on ebay, with bits of lost tankie scripts etc. Its funny as hell, very recommended.
a real Gem of a chap.

hag

i used to go to that pub, my mate worked with him :)

uknova saved me from chronic homesickness in the great white north. sadly you have to wait 24 hours to dl anything if your upload ratio isn't good.

Art

Officially a guest in reality he jast sat at a table near the bar and drank lager.

Hurrah!