Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: "Batson"http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/06/04/headlines/headlines_30104421.php

Commited suicide by hanging aged just 72

That is terrible. A great loss- and has actually made me quite upset.

But, I have to say, the English in that news report is UTTERLY APPALLING. Is it for real?

""Kung Fu" and "Kill Bill" star David Carradine was found hung himself in a closet in a hotel room in Bangkok on Wednesday, Thai police said."

"It was a hotel's maid who opened his suite on Thursday at 10 am only to find Carradine in a closet. He was described as behind half naked."

"Police investigation showed that he hung himself with a rope, the kind that is used with curtains."

"Police said he was dead for not less than 12 hours and found no sign of fighting and assaults."

Steev

Noisybast

Quote from: "Batson"Commited suicide by hanging aged just 72

Looking less like suicide according to the BBC:

"Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck and genitals on Thursday morning."
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Very sad to hear this.
Terrible news.

TordelBack

Och, that's bad news indeed.

uncle fester

As ways to shuffle off this motal coil go, it's not in the top ten, is it? Naked in a wardrobe with a length of rope.

John Entwistle had a stripper and a pile of Columbian marching powder to breath his last against, and while that may be morally questionable for some, it beats being found in a wardrobe.

Daveycandlish

It's like some off kilter version of CLUEDO - "It was Kung Fu Carradine, in the wardrobe, with the rope!"
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Something Fishy

Devons Daddy

may be a little micheal hutchense,
rope, Bangkok, hotel room.

its easily, arranged in that area, anything of that nature actaully is easily arranged.
so i am told. i would not know.

or maybe he signed one of those contracts. we all know which one.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dandontdare

Quote from: "Devons Daddy"its easily, arranged in that area, anything of that nature actually is easily arranged.
I think a rope and a closet are pretty easily arranged anywhere!

Flippancy aside, a sad loss. I absolutely LOVED Kung Fu as a kid. How many of us fantasised about kicking the crap out of all the bullies and gits that ever plagued us in the style of Kwai Chang Caine? That Gandhi-like pacifism combined with kick-ass martial arts, all in a western - genius!

Devons Daddy

seems i called David Carradines so called suicide correctly.
apparently the naked body, was found with a rope around his neck and genitals, and died of a heart attack which likely took place during an orgasm. an auto erotic asphysiation,

as i said, easily arranged in this region, pretty female companions to help with that far easier to find then in the west.
he is now up there with the whos bass giutarist, peter? in my book.

he was a cool icon,

did you know kung fu was created and first pilot written by BRUCE LEE? thats true that is, the network wanted a less chinese face to front it.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ThryllSeekyr

Damn, You beat me to it and I just went out told my father who said he this happened a few days back.

Surpised, when I first found this on the front page of my E-mail, because I thought this of bloke might have more resistance against the usual mortality of man.

A zen like quality.

//http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5633597

When did this happen exactly?

I imagine that he is still with his cult following in the same fashion that Obi Wan Kenobi became --One with the force--.

Favorite quote?

Sorry, can't remember any there, no wait................. What was that thing his Character Master always said to Grasshopper. I don't know. Something about snatching the pebble from his hand.

Anyay, what might make a great tombstone?

Did I mention that I saw him at a convention once in Sydney --While Kill-Bill was Premiering--, but I was too shy to actualley approach the man.

Though he did walk past me, passing within a few feet of me.

Sorry, to see him leave this plane of existence, but never knew him personally myself.

ThryllSeekyr

.... and here I have "Demon Lord Of Karanda" siiting in a pile of my heavy volumes on my desk.

I vagely recall reading afew pages of Sparhawk. I wasn't hooked, but soory to hear he's passed on as well.

No strange circumstances either.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "Matt Nicholson"
Quote from: "Batson"Commited suicide by hanging aged just 72

Looking less like suicide according to the BBC:

"Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck and genitals on Thursday morning."

really, if you're going to yank off while strangling yourself to death, shouldn't you do it with someone else? It's about time we had safety ads on telly for this sort of thing.