Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

I'm sure Marvel are rubbing their hands in glee at that and thinking 'That's one down! Now if we can just get rid rid of Alan Moore, Gary Leach, Alan Davis, John Totleben and the rest we can reprint it and make a fortune!'
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Adrian Bamforth

On the plus side I recently found dog-eared copies of Miracleman like mine going for up to £100.

Bolt-01

Ah, that's a shame.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Heath C Ackley

No more 'what's in yer bag angelos angelos, what's in yer bag yer bastard?'

How can i carry on with my life without the spectacle of Vic rubbing his legs or intimidating a kestrel?
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

W. R. Logan

Heath C Ackley

Sorry to hear that mate. A pet is a member of the family.

HdE

Yeah. Breaks your heart when those critters go. Really sorry to hear that, Logan.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Dandontdare

Sorry to hear that, losing a dog is hard. I cried when Chesney had Schmeichel put down.

Heath C Ackley

Mark Hall of Cosgrove Hall productions, the guys who created Dangermouse Duckula Chorlton and the Wheelies.

Daveycandlish

John Neville, who played Baron Munchausen and featured in the X-Files and Fifth Element, has died aged 86 after suffering from Alzheimers for the last few years

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?z5500890586&z=1250248742

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Mike Carroll

Anne McCaffrey, a great writer and a wonderful person. Met her many times - she was always incredibly sweet and very generous with advice.

She will be missed.

--Mike

TordelBack

Aw, that's sad - I met her too many moons ago, she seemed like a lovely person, complete with stuffed fire-lizard affixed to her shoulder.  Her early work is frequently superb, books like 'To Ride Pegasus', 'The Ship Who Sang', 'Decision at Doona' and the first half-dozen Pern novels are all long-time favourites.

Goaty

Angie Dowds of ITV's Biggest Loser falls to her death 'after jumping from Beachy Head'