Main Menu

original art

Started by the3rdman, 17 April, 2006, 04:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

I never saw that. Nuts. I really must pay more attention!

Definately worth getting for the original judges faces and of course the future storylines with Rico there.

+rufus+

"I tend to price artwork at ?40+ for Judge Dredd and ?30+ for other significant characters. If the page is one I particularly like then I price it as a little bit higher than I would pay for it myself. However, some of my pages are priced based on what the artist wants for the page, rather than what I would price it for left to my own devices. The original artist is at liberty to put whatever value he wants to on his work. Obviously artwork which is priced above the 'market value' doesn't sell so well. "

well...that answers that question...

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6622495721&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6622495721&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Rex Banner

opaque

Nah thats Dale making the most of a cheap listings day.
If he sold a few every week he'd probably sell all of them over a year, putting up so many at once defeats the object really.

Wake

I was expecting that page to top out around ?600 (because that's about what I sold two other pages from the same story for a year ago), so I was mildly surpised to see that the reserve was met at ?750, and didn't expect the final price to be knocking on ?1000.

Is anyone here actually under the impression that I might think that a Bolland, Bisley, Gibbons, Ezquerra, McMahon or Fabry page would change hands for under ?50?

Cheers,

Wake

Funt Solo

Nice page - I'd forgotten that scene.  

A helmeted Fargo also appears in The Lost Tribe - part 15 of Oz, in prog 559.  
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

DavidXBrunt

3rd Man, maybe not as expensive as you'd expect. I paid ?35 for the page but then we're mates and I'm a regular customer. I would expect it to be around that, maybe ?50 or so. As it turns out the page I bought was the last page of the last Dredd to be published that was drawn by Ron.

His last hurrah sees a bunch of punks being driven off into the sunset whilst a simp looks on and blows a party popper. A very fitting image for a last Ron Smith image and I wonder whether it was planned.

Wils

Although most original art that I fancy is *way* out of my price league, I'd be sorely tempted by the last page of Mandroid (for obvious reasons), if it wasn't *too* dear.