Main Menu

Thrill Power Overload - out now!

Started by Leigh S, 28 June, 2007, 05:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhuna

Cheers for clarifying that David. Do you think Play will honour the order?
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

ThryllSeekyr

£14.49, that is good price.

Even by Australian standards. After putting into that value into the currency calculator, it still only comes about $34.25 in Australian money.

Which, strangley turns out to be roughly the same amount of money most other people are payinbg for the Hard-cover version in British Pounds. ( Do the British still use Pounds or is  Euro's now?) The origanally intended amount of money you would be paying for this in the UK.

No, Paper-back version. That's okay by me. 2000AD should look into making all there graphic novels this way. Even at the extra cost. It's just alittle bit easier to handle a hard-cover book.
They stay open when put on flat surface. ( E.G. A Table!) Not like the paper-backs that need to be cradled like newborn baby. I may post a thread on this subject afterwards. As it occured to me while admiring the amount of work that has gone into 'Storming Heaven' however delicate these paper backs with their non-laminated covers and photo-sensitive paper pages are inside.

Link: http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/3249028/-/Product.html?searchstring=thrill-power+overload&searchsource=0" target="_blank">Hmm, one left and temporily out of stock

Proudhuff

++Pat revealing how he met the real Bill Savage in Bulgaria!++

Can you supply any detail? sounds good

Huffjic
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

:: 2000AD should look into making all there graphic novels
:: this way. Even at the extra cost.

Er, no. You'd double the price of every book, halve the number of pages and probably quarter the number of purchases.

davidbishop

+rufus+

Can't wait to see it.... Ahem...rebellion..ahem...

;-) Rufus

Well done Mr B...

Buddy

Just got one off ebay £19.99 inc postage.

The Enigmatic Dr X

FROM MY ODRDER WITH THE BOOK DEPOSITORY A MINUTE AGO (THEY ARE AN AMAZON SELLER)

Delivery Method:  Standard Delivery  
Subtotal of Items:  Â£10.94
Postage & Packing:  Â£2.75  
  ------
Total for this order:   £13.69

Dispatch estimate for these items:  6 Jul 2007   1 "Thrill-power Overload"
David Bishop; Hardcover; £10.94
Usually dispatched within 1-2 working days
  Sold by: the_book_depository  

Never used them, but for this price it must be worth a go!
Lock up your spoons!

Dark Jimbo

The Book Depository have been really quite good in my expierience, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
@jamesfeistdraws

robprosser

I've used the Book Depository many times. The books usually take 4-5 days to arrive but if you can live with that they're great.

Bhuna

Mines on it's way from Play.com.

"Play's listing is based on old, old, old [and inaccurate] info. There is no paperback edition."

Be interesting to see what they send.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

davidbishop

Some people have apparently gotten the hardback from Play at the original, discounted paperback price! So, you might get lucky - or you might not...

davidbishop

W. R. Logan

Noisybast

Just ordered TPO & Strontium Dog vol 2 from Amazon. Twenty five quid well spent, methinks.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bhuna

"Some people have apparently gotten the hardback from Play at the original, discounted paperback price! So, you might get lucky - or you might not... "

Cheers David

I'll let you know what they have sent out when I get it.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress