Main Menu

Trailer of AVP2...

Started by Goaty, 29 August, 2007, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Found this image on a random search enjoyhttp://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff200/vzzbuxblx/alienpredhybrid.jpg">
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

vzzbux

Just watched the trailer, finally a film to fit the two xenobes, yes the first was good but could have been alot better.
Lets just hope the film lives up to the trailer.
Drokking since 1972

dweezil2

I must have been watching a different movie-the first AvP movie was trash of the highest order!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Mardroid

when I play the clips I get a blank screen with just sound.

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

the shutdown man

I'm cautiously optimistic about this film. The first one was cack, but the trailer for this looks cool, the way a battle between aliens and predators should look, dammit! (And the double head shot from the predator is just deadly!)

Also, Silent Night? Strangely perfect choice.....
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Mardroid

this one works :

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvVwRKHIkeA

Cheers Peterwolf.

Definitely looks good.

Would have been nice if they could have brought back that girl from the previous film maybe. Assuming she survived the antarctic in her thin top (how daft was that? I didn't hate the original like many seem to, but that running around the antarctic in a thin top was ridiculous.)

On second thoughts maybe it's best they make a clean break, keeps it more realistic though. I wonder if the Predalien will be the one from the end of the first film or if it'll be a whole other beasty as a result of incubation within this film? It's good they're keeping to Predator tradition of hot days though in this film.

Peter Wolf

God what a miserable lot the film bloggers are.Unless i am wrong none of them have even seen it yet.

They all seem pissed off that its not set in space yet i thought the idea of it being set here was a good one.

They all just need to loosen up a bit. pay their money and see it [which they undoubtedly will] ,dont have high expectations and just enjoy what they get to see.

Its not going to be rubbish.You can tell by the trailer it looks good.My only fear is it may have too much going on in too short a time.

You need 2 hrs plus for a film like this

I just find all that lot a total bore as they are so negative and critical about everything.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mardroid

Link: erm...

I don't think they'd actually have the head tails though, the ones that come out of humans don't have hair or beard do they?
Not sure about the term 'hybrid' either. It's established that they take on certain charcteristics of their host (hence the creature in Alien 3 being a quadruped) so I suppose they must absorb some of the DNA of their host but then  the entire species would effectively be hybrid by it's very nature wouldn't it?

Looks cool though.

the shutdown man

"......but then the entire species would effectively be hybrid by it's very nature wouldn't it?"

Well I think that's essentially the case. Up until now we've only seen Aliens which have been born from humans, so they were bi-pedal, or the dog-alien, which had its own characteristics, but the Aliens always seems to match up to their host.(There was the Newborn in Alien Resurrection, but that was a diffrent kettle of fish) We don't know what they'd look like coming out of a totally different species.

It makes sense to me that an Alien-Predator would have the "dreadlocks", as opposed to human-like hair, since the dreadlocks appear to be an actual fleshy part of the body, almost like tentacles. So if the Alien is a hybrid, it's gonna copy them, but they don't grow hair anyway.

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

vzzbux

Alien ressurection. The aliens werent modelled from the H R Geiger designs they seemed to be a bit flat to me and the monstrosity at the end, what was that all about. IMO anyway.

V
Drokking since 1972

Mardroid

It makes sense to me that an Alien-Predator would have the "dreadlocks", as opposed to human-like hair, since the dreadlocks appear to be an actual fleshy part of the body, almost like tentacles. So if the Alien is a hybrid, it's gonna copy them, but they don't grow hair anyway.

Actually what you've said makes sense.

I also remember a small scene at the start of Alien (or it could be Aliens... but I think not) when they are flying into the atmosphere of the planet, before  the fateful encounter. As their ship is being buffeted they hear a screeching sound and one says "what's that?"..

That was never completely answered. Considering the aliens we meet throughout the films are ground based and they were in a case of severe turbulence at the time it seems unlikely it was one of them they heard. So a flying variety maybe?

Seems unlikely since that planet seems pretty much dead otherwise and unlikely to have indigenous life (remember the Aliens are not indiginous to LV... whatever it's called.) but it's something I've wondered about.

vzzbux

In Alien we know nothing of the dead alien in the seat with his stomach ripped open. What happened to that alien????

V
Drokking since 1972

Buddy

In Alien we know nothing of the dead alien in the seat with his stomach ripped open. What happened to that alien????

I think that alien was always referred to as 'the navagator' and was clearly a victim of a chestbuster.

The Navagator was also so old it was fossilized, so had been there for many thousands of years, god knows what the chestbuster that came from that ended up looking like, but it would have been big!

I also assume that the eggs John Hurt discovered had also been there for quite some time (not sure about thousands of years) not sure where these eggs came from though.
The original concept had no dopey queen alien, so no queen here to lay the eggs, the aliens are self replicating and do not need to breed to reproduce, they just need a host to cocoon, that cocoon transforms into an egg with facehugger inside, see the Directors cut for the Dallas cocoon scene, it explanes it all there and practically makes a mockery of Camerons crappy queen laying eggs idea.