Main Menu

New Rebellion AvP game

Started by Satanist, 11 February, 2009, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

I pre-ordered the other day from Play.com - £35 plus you get free bonus 'skins' to play as in multiplayer, one for each species.

So busy with work and everything that I'm not sure when I'll actually get time to play it, but we should all try and organise some games through the board at some point.

Goaty

Wake

BTW, there is some of Mark's concept art for the game on his Portfolio site in a new gallery.

Cheers,

Wake

Rog69

It's out in the states already and despite Rebellion promising dedicated server support (after previously doing a U turn on the subject), the PC version has been released with console style P2P multi player.
They are promising a patch to bring dedicated server support but with reduced functionality in the next few days which is a very poor show. I really wanted to support Rebellion and buy this one but they don't make it easy, I'm pretty glad I cancelled my pre-order now.

Dr Feeley Good

I pre-ordered mine from play.com for the downloads to ....

uncle fester

Quote from: Wake on 16 February, 2010, 12:16:52 AM
BTW, there is some of Mark's concept art for the game on his Portfolio site in a new gallery.

Cheers,

Wake

Wake, do you know if Mark is selling prints of this new stuff? I notice the prints of 2000ad work are no longer available.

radiator

My copy just arrived a whole day early - Woop!

Anyone wants a game, my 360 tag is KissMammal.

Darren Stephens

Let us know what its like.Payday next wednesday and I have some spare money. Well, money thats not allocated to bills n guff! ::)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

radiator

Got to play (Marine, singleplayer) for about 15 mins last night, then we had a f**ing power cut!

Seems pretty good so far - I've read in some reviews that the graphics are poor, but I've been quite impressed with them. Locations are well designed and the Aliens look good and move really well.

Just got past the bit where you have to [spoiler]fend off a few waves of Aliens in a night club(!)[/spoiler]

Pete Wells

Yup, I'm really enjoying it. The Marine missions are really tense and scary while the Predator ones are quite stealthy affairs. My favourites have been the Aliens ones cos it's great to toy with your prey before gruesomely killing it!

Special mention for the finishing moves which are absolutely gross and add loads to the game.

I'm liking it a lot, but fear it may be very short for the single player. I've only done a couple of missions on each species and it says I'm 24% done already...

mogzilla

ok, but meh.  marine sections seen that done it and the torch needs to be a bit stronger ,alien and predator sections try to be different but havin played far cry.... the predator is the best and most enjoyable bit and i'm not really into stealth...one gripe aliens can see through your cloak.

ok for a rent.
best bit is the predator finishing move of removing your head and spine in one easy step :o

Keef Monkey

Got a couple of hours of Marine campaign and some MP matches last night and I'm feeling pretty blown away. The tension is amazing as the Marine (online Survivor is hilariously frantic) and the species DM I got into as a Predator was awesome, nice jungle map with some treetops to perch on and pick folk off, really empowering!

Can see why the graphics have been criticized, they're more polished than in the demo but aren't up to the best the 360 can offer. I'm not sure why they need to be though, movies don't get panned because they don't have Hollywood production values, surely there's room for games that don't all look as good as Gears 2?! I mean if we applied the same attitude to movies, say if special effects looked a bit duff, the genre never would have got off the ground.

Radiator, I'll add your tag at some point, hopefully catch you for a game sometime (I'm Superbeasto)!

ThryllSeekyr

I've just installed the STEAM DEMO for this game and it's only the online multiplayer.

My Login is- pthmichael

Based on my real name.

Mardroid

Quote from: mogzilla on 20 February, 2010, 10:10:37 AM
the predator is the best and most enjoyable bit and i'm not really into stealth...one gripe aliens can see through your cloak.

That actually makes sense to me. Since Aliens don't seem to have eyes (or are they inside the cowl?) it's quite possible they see in a different way that doesn't involve light. And since the Predators' cloak is based around seeing light I can imagine the Aliens being able to sense them. In whatever way they do.

I can see it being more difficult from a gameplaying perspective though...