Main Menu

lee carter art

Started by artdroid_Lee Carter, 31 March, 2009, 12:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Kirby

great stuff. i remember that vampire story from a while back, loved it.

Peter Wolf

I only know your work from Dead Eyes but since having looked at your website there is more and more of it.

Thanks very much for sharing and if i may be so bold i will say that i would pay money to own some of it as well.

Looking forward to seeing some sketches.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Great work Lee and thanks for sharing. I'm still always amazed when a writher or artist gets in contact with the board.

Trout

Thanks for posting, Lee. Welcome to the board!

- Trout

artdroid_Lee Carter

cheers all,
its good to be here.... as I said I was a fan way before I got to draw stuff for 2000ad. Mind you I did have some readers art printed twice. still got my 2000ad mug and 2000ad cap...i havent a clue what issue they appeared but i was very proud at the time.
  thanks for the kind words.
  anyhow, uploaded some more images last night...getting there, i didnt relize i had so much :)
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showth ... p?t=154203

aslo some really old sketchs...i havent had the chance to scan in any new sketch book stuff
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65666

satchmo

I'm sure our own Buttonman will be able to tell you what progs your art was in Lee...

Matt Timson

Bah!  I might as well retire...
Pffft...

JayzusB.Christ

Fantastic stuff.
Hellblazer, in my opinion, is a comic that's practically crying out for some Lee Carter art. Haven't actually read it in years but i feel your stuff would suit it down to the ground. That said, don't leave 2000ad too quickly!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

johnnystress

Proudhuff

Jings, sounds like a hectic life, good luck with it !
Great artwork there too
DDT did a job on me

Darren Stephens

Really great stuff there, Mr Carter.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

antodonnell

Thats a SERIOUSLY large body of work. I remember some of it from ImagineFX when I first saw some of your pieces. You have a very distinct style which is a good thing. Necrophim is coming along very nicely one of the highlights of each week currently. I m really impressed at the fact you manage to work all day, then have some family time and work on comic stuff. How long do you spend on each page approx? I  also aiming to follow suit in that routine. It's not easy to stay focused 10 -12 hours a day on artwork.

Matt Timson

Pffft...

artdroid_Lee Carter

Antodonnel...  cheers man.. it is a lot of work,  it soon builds up though when you have a 14 hour day if not more after a few years you forget what you have done :). I find it hard to pick what I think people would like.
I'm really not sure how long it takes me to do a page, as I tend to do them all at the same time, just work up them up in stages.

Matt..  thanks again :). Well some of them....still got me toothbrush :)Lee.

MacabreMagpie

Really good stuff. It does all look a bit flat but I'm presuming thats deliberate from the strength of line etc. The colouring on the sequentials is particularly nice.