Main Menu

Zombieland - Trailer

Started by Goaty, 19 June, 2009, 04:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

ThryllSeekyr

That Piano falling on the zombie's head. A old trick and but a classic

I don't remember when I first  heard of it, though.

Goaty

bluemeanie

yeah, Im all over this one. Looks like fun night at the flicks.

PsychoGoatee

If Woody Harrelson is in it, I can't miss it. Okay, not always, but he is great. :D

Dandontdare

Am I the only one who's getting pretty sick of Zombies? Shaun of the Dead, Dead Set, 28 Days/Weeks Later, Diary of the Dead, Marvel Zombies, The Walking Dead, Defoe, Zombo, and now I hear on the E.C.B.T.2000AD podcast that Ian Edgington is putting out a Victorian Zombie comic. (and that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more examples).

Isn't it time the call went out to the creative community to FIND ANOTHER IDEA?!

bluemeanie

Zombies are a device, they can either be done badly or kick ass.

Currently have the audiobook of Pride, Prejudice and Zombies in the car and its just brilliant. Really clever addition to totally 180 a story.

Think zombies are like superheroes. They can be very "Yeah, we've seen this 100 times before" but in the hands of a good writer they can still be fun

Tweak72

While checking out the Zombieland trailer I found this. And liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9roxtugaUo
Daybreakers
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Sefton Disney

I thought Zombieland looked like tremendous fun, and using Everbody Wants Some! by Van Halen on the trailer was the clincher! \m/ and :-)

Radbacker

saw this the other day and its just as good as you'd think if not better, close to being the best movie of 09  IMHO.
The comparisons to Shaun of The Dead are correct in that its kick arse but its not really just a US version.
Brilliant cameo and kinda sad, i haven't laughed this much in a long time watch it at all costs absolutely brilliant.
and dont forget to follow the rules during the I.Z.A.

CU Radbacker

Professor Bear

Even though the leads aren't quite as affable or funny as we're supposed to think they are, it reminded me of the first Tremors movie more than anything else - increasingly-poor sequels may follow, but this one is at least entertaining.  Also plays around with tropes without being too smug, which is always welcome.

"Garfield, I guess..."

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Radbacker on 17 November, 2009, 09:51:39 AM
Brilliant cameo and kinda sad,

I agree but he acted so good that what happens happens and it becomes another laugh out loud moment ;)

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 August, 2009, 11:05:11 PM
Am I the only one who's getting pretty sick of Zombies? Shaun of the Dead, Dead Set, 28 Days/Weeks Later, Diary of the Dead, Marvel Zombies, The Walking Dead, Defoe, Zombo, and now I hear on the E.C.B.T.2000AD podcast that Ian Edgington is putting out a Victorian Zombie comic. (and that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more examples).

Isn't it time the call went out to the creative community to FIND ANOTHER IDEA?!

This situation isnt so bad because Zombies [28 weeks later/Dawn of the Dead remake] have been improved by making them much more deadly because they now run and are a lot more intelligent and ferocious and are a lot more effective because of this.If something creative can be done with them then i dont mind them being used.

I have no interest in the old style George Romero shuffling Zombies though i have to say or any of the old zombie films because they are horribly dated.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mardroid

Despite their weakness and slowness I've always found something rather frightening about the slow zombies. I think it's partly the point that the very fact you can easily run around them means they're easy to underestimate. If you're not paying attention they can sneak up on you, and congregate... then before you know it they're feasting on you're intestines while you watch...

And partly the fact that they're just so inhuman. With the fast angry ones, there's more a sense of humanity.

That being said, I like both. There's room for both kinds, and they both provide different kinds of horror.

Radbacker

the fear of slow Zombs is gotten across really well in Walking Dead, easy to kill but never stop.  I like the way it described the packs forming, one hears a noise starts heading towards it others see it roaming and before you know it a huge pack of the suckers that dont even have a clue where there going just roaming.

CU radbacker