Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Cheers Banners, I missed that!

Okay, Steve Yeowell's cover along with roughs, inks etc. is on the blog. I've also tried to do a bit of a Red Seas recap to help struggling readers a bit! It's kinda clumsy but I hope it makes sense... Go there now!!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Pete Wells

Hey folks, a beautiful Ben Willsher blog post today. Prog and meg covers with commentary, woohoo!

Click the link below!

http://2000adcovers.blogspot.com/

Stuzzle

Quote from: Pete Wells on 22 June, 2010, 09:27:57 AM
Hey folks, a beautiful Ben Willsher blog post today. Prog and meg covers with commentary, woohoo!

Click the link below!

http://2000adcovers.blogspot.com/

I had to stop myself jumping on your back and humping it then!
This is my favourite cover in a long time and by my favourite cover artist! Plus it was an added bonus that prog just happened to be IMMENSELY awesome :D
I don't draw so good and I don't know the artists off by heart. I eat more than I probably should and don't yet know the stories from the start. I like films and can't speak Spanish, but DAMMIT I can Twitter

SuperSurfer

Excellent blog post. I used to love those kinds of features in the 2000AD annuals so I'm really enjoying the commentaries and and development of rougs to final artwork. Fascinating.

Emperor

Good one again, that certainly helped get my suitably excited for the story.

Quote from: Stuzzle on 22 June, 2010, 01:02:37 PMI had to stop myself jumping on your back and humping it then!

Why stop yourself?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pete Wells

Cheers guys, I'm glad your suitability is excited Emp! And Stuzzle, hump away lad but clean up after yerself eh?

vzzbux

Yayyy. More colouring fun for the children.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Emperor

Quote from: Pete Wells on 22 June, 2010, 08:13:26 PM
Cheers guys, I'm glad your suitability is excited Emp!

You will be!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Pete Wells

Not one but TWO new entries today folks! There's this week's Clint Langley cover (shown in my lovely new avatar!) as well as lovely Neil "The Dressing Gown" Roberts' Savage from a few weeks back (which Neil kindly let me steal from his own superb blog.)

Chief Judge Dredd is coming later in the week then I'm all up to date!

vzzbux

Lets get Clint away from Slaine and the ABC's for a while and put him on Dredd.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Emperor

Interesting Repeat Offenders link - it has been awfully quiet on that front and they have Dinosty (can we assume it is creator-owned?) and a very Slainey series War Dog (call the Mayor!!). However, probably the topic for another thread, except the calling the Mayor bit, which should be done right away.

James Stacey

I do love Clints drawn work. Let's hope he has got the taste for it back and we can see some classic Langley drawn and inked art back between the covers.

Pete Wells

Fakkin hell, sorry it's been so long guys, it's the busiest time of year for me so unfortunately my beloved blog has suffered! I've literally had no time for myself in four weeks, stoopid real life getting in the way of my covers, grrrrr!

Fear not though, today I finally present the cover of Prog 1690 by the wonderful Greg Staples as well as a handy guide to Chief Judges been and gone. When I started writing the blog entry I didn't even know the outcome of Tour of Duty!

I promise to be up to date by the end of the week!

4junk2pop

Thank's for all the covers, I love this blog! Especially the step by step parts.