Main Menu

Why did i?

Started by mogzilla, 11 October, 2009, 12:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

two games in two weeks! taken back!!

has anyone ever bought a game on hype or cause it looked nice only to discover it was a bag of sh£%^?

risen and operation flashpoint have both let me down and i am praying borderlands isnt number 3!!!

while were on it has any game hyped and loved by all failed to float your boat?

mine was halo.

Peter Wolf

Call Of Duty 3.

Awful but luckily i only paid 2 quid for it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jared Katooie

This isn't easy for me, but...

I once bought... Shadow the Hedgehog...

It was so awful.

Keef Monkey

I'm sure anyone who remembers the Driv3r3 Three debacle feels your pain.

Buddy

Quote from: mogzilla on 11 October, 2009, 12:23:02 AM

has anyone ever bought a game on hype or cause it looked nice only to discover it was a bag of sh£%^?

risen and operation flashpoint have both let me down and i am praying borderlands isnt number 3!!!

mine was halo.

Can you really return a game just because you don't like it?

How did you convince the shop to take it back?

Zarjazzer

The new Wolfenstein and Flashpoint 2 are proving a real let down. may be you can't recapture the old magic. At least I've got the bloody editor on Flashpoint 2 working finally so some small joy at last.

The Ai tho on Flashpoint 2 is either very good or utterly ridiculous. Quite buggy alas too. Started a mission in a monastery and all my troops were trapped in rock. Annoying.

The ending of Wolfenstein is so annoying I refuse to play it and just re-start a new game at a higher level.
Nothing will match the legendary annoyance of "Legendary" a game with an enormous error at the end where you can't complete it. I tried all the help advice on the i-net and still nothing. Pity a I quite enjoyed it up til then. People get paid lots to check these things. They've obviously got a pretty good union...
:)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

mogzilla

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 11 October, 2009, 10:09:25 AM
Quote from: mogzilla on 11 October, 2009, 12:23:02 AM

mine was halo.

Can you really return a game just because you don't like it?

How did you convince the shop to take it back?

they were fine at gamestation about it first time i lied about a nephew i got risen for and he already had it...blah.but i was honest the second time and i think the fact i was getting something else helped.

I, Cosh

I've not bought many games recently, but Game used to always have a no-quibble returns policy for a week or so.
We never really die.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 October, 2009, 02:12:10 PM
I've not bought many games recently, but Game used to always have a no-quibble returns policy for a week or so.

I remember using that a couple of times when I finished something particularly quickly! They've changed it now though so you can only return it if the seal hasn't been broken unfortunately.

Peter Wolf

Oh well.

I wont be buying any games from Game then in that case because if i dont like it then i cant take it back.

Goodbye Game but Game is a crap shop anyway and i always go to Gamestation instead which is far superior.

Noisybast

Afro Samurai. Thought I was getting a bargain when I saw it in Asda mis-labeled at £20 a week after it was released.

Also, Mirror's Edge. Took me about 75% of the game's length before I realised that it was infuriatingly poorly designed and a perfect example of a good idea badly executed.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 11 October, 2009, 07:07:32 PM

Goodbye Game but Game is a crap shop anyway and i always go to Gamestation instead which is far superior.

Gamestation = Game

It was bought by Game about a year ago.
Lock up your spoons!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 11 October, 2009, 10:53:27 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 11 October, 2009, 07:07:32 PM

Gamestation = Game

It was bought by Game about a year ago.

Well hopefully Game havent ruined the shop but i havent been in for about a year so i have no idea if Gamestation have changed.

Perhaps someone else might know ?

mogzilla

heard whatever consortium/corporate/masonic suits that owns game owns gamestation as well but it doesnt seem to have affected the service which i think is well more customer freindly than game...

ThryllSeekyr

Most of the time, I play the demo or sample the full game if it's been installed and put on display in the computer games section. You'll find they do that in alot of larger stores.

I used to play alot of games this way before asked to move on or leave the store. With the ones I liked, I have eventually purchased.

Anybody remember the big RPG/adventure game by Bethseda studios. (I think thats the spelling?)

I recall visiting the same Electronic Boutique in a shopping complex over and over again just to play that big RPG type game they had set up and I brought the very same game for ten dollars through Red Ant a few years later.

You can also sample the latest games if you visit a good Computer Cafe.

I have spent hours and days playing games like Battle Realms, Dawn of War, The Sims Two as well as Warcarft Three in these places and I have ended up buying three out of out of these four games.

This was when Counter Strike and Half Life Three were really popluar and still are. I recall seeing these on nearly every computer screen huge while entering and leaving these places.

You can also ask a reliable mate if they have the game and if they would let you play it on theirs. I remember having friends over in the past. Just so they play FireBird's ELITE on the old C64