Main Menu

Alice in Wonderland - British version Trailer

Started by Goaty, 18 December, 2009, 10:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Dark Jimbo

Three pages into a Tim Burton thread and there's been no love for Pee Wee's Big Adventure. For shame, people.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Goaty on 23 February, 2010, 02:25:27 PM
greedy Odeon, if your local cinemas is Odeon;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8528820.stm

I love the fact that the premier is still taking place at Odeon Leceister Square

Goaty

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 February, 2010, 03:34:36 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 23 February, 2010, 02:25:27 PM
greedy Odeon, if your local cinemas is Odeon;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8528820.stm

I love the fact that the premier is still taking place at Odeon Leceister Square

what??? lol! how ironic! hehehe :)

bluemeanie

Wife is going to an advance press screening of this tomorrow morning followed by a Q&A session with Messrs Depp and Burton

Feel I should warn Depp he isnt safe from her  :o

bluemeanie

Tweak72

Saw this yesterday. Not Bad. Not as good as Where The Wild Things Are by quite a margin but good enough to see in 2D (I don't do 3D). It was very much [spoiler]a remake of Return to Oz. Substituting Alice for Dorothy[/spoiler] but enjoyable none the less. I would recommend watching the scrolling credits as there is a certain Ex 2000ad/Dredd artist credited with Concept Art by or similar. Which is always nice to see.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tweak72 on 19 March, 2010, 07:25:31 PM
I would recommend watching the scrolling credits as there is a certain Ex 2000ad/Dredd artist credited with Concept Art by or similar. Which is always nice to see.

Who, you mean Kim Raymond?

Tiplodocus

I wa svaguely looking forward to this as a version of ALICE but then I read that it was a sequel of sorts with a troubled teenage Alice returning and I thought "Oh fuck off."  I know it shows my ignorance but really, I just can't be doing with it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

JOE SOAP

Mike Gloady

Quote from: Garageman on 20 March, 2010, 04:59:03 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 19 March, 2010, 11:13:53 PM
and I thought "Oh fuck off." 

You can say that about any Tim Burton film.
I tend to.

I'll give him Scissorhands, because it wasn't rehashing anything I'd seen at the time, he even gets a few points for bits of Beetlejuice.  Big Fish was the only example of anything he's done that felt REMOTELY like it came from another place.  For the most part, Burton makes the same film over and over and over.  Shame they don't all have Michelle Pfieffer in latex really.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

ThryllSeekyr

After taking a rare trip to the big city for the first time, since October 30th 2008 last Tuesday. Which is half-price at every cinema/theatre.

I baulked when I was told by the cashier the price to see this film in 3D was eighteen dollars regardless of half price tuesdays.

So, I didn't see this or 3D Avatar, but I did see The Wolfman instead.

Great flick, BTW!!!!

Now, if that was in 3D too :o :o :o :o.

I wouldn't have seen it either, but what a 3D film it would have been.

Now, I suppose I could have seen both or either Alice in Wonderland or Avatar as regular films, but thne I would have to miss Wolfman and that won't do.

My so called forty dollar cinema voucher turned out to be only worth eighteen dollars. I guess I could have seen two films, but was really hanging out for seeing them in 3D.

I could go see thsi film at the local in town, but in 2D only.

Mike Gloady

3D?

WHY?

I hope the movie biz regains it's sanity and stops doing this really soon.  It's pointless.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

ThryllSeekyr

They give you a pair of good quality, plastic horned rimmed 3D glass's for a few extra dollars.

The pair I got when I saw Beowulf have been broken.

I need a new pair.