Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey

Trout

Tiplodocus

Good luck. Remember you are a perfectionist and a workaholic!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 May, 2013, 12:41:45 AM
Good luck. Remember you are a perfectionist and a workaholic!

:) That happens to be true. Thanks!

Cyberleader2000

Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Trout

So... despite a hellish journey getting there, today's interview went very well. They've asked me to come back for a second interview and have said I'm on a shortlist of two. Promising!

Within minutes of getting home I found myself returning a phone call which involved some pre-interview questions that may or may not turn into something interesting. Then, out of the blue, I had a separate call inviting me to an interview next week with another newspaper.

I think I'm getting the hang of this. After almost two months in Canada trying to get somewhere in the job market, it's a massive relief to feel like I'm making progress!

TordelBack

Trout

Thanks, mate. I feel kind of bad posting something like that when you're going through such a tough time, but I know it will work out for you soon. Just stay focused on the good stuff, and stay strong for your family.

TordelBack

Quote from: Trout on 10 May, 2013, 12:00:19 AM
Thanks, mate. I feel kind of bad posting something like that when you're going through such a tough time..

Don't be daft that man, I only post my self-indulgent rants here because it genuinely helps me get some of my everyday frustrations out of my head before I end up shouting at the people around me, and because sometimes I think the occasional absurdity of it all might amuse.  A glance at the Life Spugs thread on here shows me I wouldn't know a genuine tough time if it bit me.  Sure only today I was watching my eldest lad cheerily levelling up on Knights of the Old Republic, life doesn't get much more satisfying for an ageing nerd than that! 

You guys did a brave thing upping sticks, thrilled that it looks like it will work out - this is what the Drokking Fantastic thread is all about.

maryanddavid

Bolt-01

When your new employers discover your true nature how the very atoms of their bodies will tremble!

Good luck all the same, old chap!

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

radiator

Cause I'm on schedule to get my comic pages done for a forthcoming Zarjaz strip (written by Rich Mccauliffe) and I can say that it's by some distance the best comic art I've ever done. Touch wood it's the only strip I've ever completed that I'll be reasonably pleased with.

That isn't saying a huge amount as I've only ever drawn two complete 5/6 pagers and they weren't great tbh!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Trout on 09 May, 2013, 11:42:39 PM
So... despite a hellish journey getting there, today's interview went very well. They've asked me to come back for a second interview and have said I'm on a shortlist of two. Promising!

Within minutes of getting home I found myself returning a phone call which involved some pre-interview questions that may or may not turn into something interesting. Then, out of the blue, I had a separate call inviting me to an interview next week with another newspaper.

I think I'm getting the hang of this. After almost two months in Canada trying to get somewhere in the job market, it's a massive relief to feel like I'm making progress!

good luck fishyone, hope it works out
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: Trout on 09 May, 2013, 11:42:39 PM

Nice one Trout