Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I'm on holiday in Crete and it's gorgeous. The miserable grind of work seems a long way away and despite a touch of sunburn on the first day, having a lovely time. We hiked the Samaria Gorge yesterday so it's a lazy day by the pool with my book and an ice cold Mythos  :cool:

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dark Jimbo

It only took 32 bleedin' years(!), but I've managed to find myself in my first proper relationship. With a woman. A real one.

For the first time in my life since I hit 12 or so, I don't feel like I'm watching through the window as the whole human race enjoys a party I wasn't invited to. I'm actually enjoying my life instead of muddling through each day making the best of things, trying to ignore the empty gnawing loneliness at the back of everything. Even that hateful little inner voice of self-hatred has mostly fucked off and I'm realising it's actually okay to like myself as much as she seems to.

If I haven't seemed to be on the board quite as much lately, I'm sure you'll understand.  ;)
@jamesfeistdraws

The Legendary Shark

I'm happy for you, DJ - sharing is such sweet bliss.

Smiling Face With Heart-Shaped Eyes on Facebook Messenger
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Fungus

Minkyboy

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

von Boom

Jim_Campbell

I've been trying to think of something clever and facetious to post here, but I'm actually just really pleased for you, DJ. :-)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

The inspectors have been back in this week as we are in special measures.  Always a pleasant experience.  In a choice of four remaining classes, none inspire confidence should Mr Clipboard walk through the door but year 10 additional learning needs is probably the most sphincter trembling option. 

And what happens this morning?  Yep, in walk kids with inspector in the middle!  Wahey!  Hows this going to go today then?  On a scale of 1 to 'Oh S***!'?

Sorry, this has got to be the saddest on this thread.

.... and they were amazing.  Absolutely spot on.  Could not fault them.  Inspector was highly complimentary of the kids afterwards.  When their science teacher heard, she looked at me like I'd grown a second head.

Now going to go and have a nice lie down! 

Something Fishy

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 June, 2016, 12:03:05 PM
I'm on holiday in Crete and it's gorgeous. The miserable grind of work seems a long way away and despite a touch of sunburn on the first day, having a lovely time. We hiked the Samaria Gorge yesterday so it's a lazy day by the pool with my book and an ice cold Mythos  :cool:
Brings back memories.  I walked there in 93.  Lovely.

Glad you are enjoying it.

Something Fishy

Something Fishy

Congrats TJM too!  Sounds like you did brilliantly.

My little bit of fantastic is that I've finished my first month back in full time work.  No trouble at all, no eye pain, driving fine, computer use all day fine.  Just got a silly eye flicker but no pain.  Really enjoying the job too, lovely place to work and already been able to show what I can do which is ace.

Tjm86

Nice one.  Nothing better than being in a job where you feel supported.

Nowt to do with me, this was all on the kids.  I was bricking myself!

TordelBack

Quote from: Something Fishy on 15 June, 2016, 06:38:10 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 June, 2016, 12:03:05 PM
Brings back memories.  I walked there in 93.  Lovely.

Me too, walked Samaria in 2009.  Crete is one of my absolute favourite places, the south coast particularly. Glad you're enjoying it, DDD!

And well done to Jimbo*, TJM and Fishy!

*This romancin' better not affect your Warriors project.

Dark Jimbo

I love ya one and all.

Quote from: Tordelback on 15 June, 2016, 08:07:40 PM
This romancin' better not affect your Warriors project.

I think we both know it will!  ;) I've got a fair bit of progress 'in the bank' though, so to speak, so the progress of the thread won't actually be as slow as the project itself. Mek Quake is a lot further along than you guys have seen so far, and I've got another two mystery characters built and just wanting a slap of paint!

Thankfully (inexplicably) she says she has a thing for comic nerds...!

@jamesfeistdraws