Main Menu

DREDD: THE COMPLETE CASE FILES 16

Started by flintlockjaw, 15 June, 2010, 10:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintlockjaw

Anyone know if this contains the 'America' story from the Meg?

I, Cosh

We never really die.

flintlockjaw

I, Cosh

We never really die.

radiator

America won't included in the Case Files at all. It is credited as 'America', so technically it's a Dredd spin off, not a Judge Dredd story.

flintlockjaw

Quote from: radiator on 15 June, 2010, 11:15:05 PM
America won't included in the Case Files at all. It is credited as 'America', so technically it's a Dredd spin off, not a Judge Dredd story.

I suppose.

Still...it would have been nice because Beeny is playing such an integral part in the Dredd strip...it seems like a good fit.

Jim_Campbell

It is credited as 'America', so technically it's a Dredd spin off, not a Judge Dredd story.

Although, IIRC, America II was published as a Dredd strip, so presumably that will be included in the case files...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

flintlockjaw

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 June, 2010, 11:23:57 PM
It is credited as 'America', so technically it's a Dredd spin off, not a Judge Dredd story.

Although, IIRC, America II was published as a Dredd strip, so presumably that will be included in the case files...

Cheers!

Jim

See...now that doesn't make sense now to put the sequel in there and not the original strip!

Aaargh!

It will probably mean me forking out for the 'America' trade.

TordelBack

Quote from: flintlockjaw on 15 June, 2010, 11:25:23 PM
It will probably mean me forking out for the 'America' trade.

This is not a bad thing.  It's fab.

judge cooper

in one of the mega city histories i got lately it said that america would be in one of the case files
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

James Stacey

I can see it being in the American 'Mega City Masters' but if it was going to be in a casefile it would have already been in CF15 I think, as it was in the first JD Megazine, which has already been covered.

Rio De Fideldo

In America 3 Cadet the date for the terrorist attack section of America is given as October 2117, this is the month before the referendum of Twilight's Last Gleaming which I believe will be in Case Files 16.

The fact that the story is being narrated by Bennett Beeny after this event means that it could still legitimately be slotted into Case Files 17.

If it was me I would wait until the era of Millar before printing America to add a splash of quality.

The original America was one of the rare examples of a Dredd story which doesn't take place almost exactly 126 years from the publishing date.

radiator

Keith Richardson (Rebellion's GN editor) has confirmed on this forum that is was left out of the Case Files for the reason I stated above, so it won't be in CF17 either.

Beyond Our Kenny? - the second Kenny Who? story (from Megazines 1-3) is also left out, because it too is credited as a spin off, despite it being a sequel to an earlier Dredd story, being set in MC1 and starring Dredd. Midnite's Children, which also appeared in the early issues of the Meg, is featured in the Megazine because it's a 'proper' Dredd story.

Rio De Fideldo

The reason I mentioned the above was that if enough people mention it he may reconsider.

On the ECBT2000ad interview he mentioned how he was dealing with the Meg stories and he said they would be separated initially but he was open to suggestions.

Like I say if a case files comes up that looks a bit poor America could always be slipped in.

TordelBack

I've been against America etc. being reprinted in the Casefiles because their brief has been very clear from the start - reprinting the Judge Dredd strip, not 'stories about/related to Judge Dredd'.  However Richard makes an excellent point - these could be included as 'Extras' (in the way the Walter strips were), where other material is weak or page counts are awkward.