Main Menu

2000AD Aug/Sept Art Comp: We're All Going On A…

Started by Jim_Campbell, 16 August, 2010, 03:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 September, 2010, 04:46:40 PM
Quote from: LARF on 27 September, 2010, 09:25:59 AM
I decided to have bum fun with Mrs LARF instead, so no chance of a Flash version this weekend and no butter on my pack-up sarnies today  :)

Way too much info there, Marlon Brando.

I didn't 'literally' have bum fun I was being creative with my wordage, it sounded better than saying what else we'd got up to at the weekend which was not as entertaining as putting that I'd had 'bum fun' with my wife, as it is my weekend was quite chilled and I avoided a computer all weekend as I'd been hard at it all week so instead yesterday we relaxed and had a lovely pair of birds, which we'd stuffed in and roasted gently all morning, and then shared with all the family in the afternoo, my Dad going for the legs whilst I prefer the breast. Bread Sauce was nice too.

Mardroid

Quote from: LARF on 27 September, 2010, 04:59:13 PM
I'd been hard at it all week so instead yesterday we relaxed and had a lovely pair of birds, which we'd stuffed in and roasted gently all morning, and then shared with all the family in the afternoo, my Dad going for the legs whilst I prefer the breast. Bread Sauce was nice too.

Oo-er. Sounds positively filthy! (Actually I had 'a bit of bird' yesterday too. Slow cooker style rather than roasted...- my Dad's fascinated with this dish-cooker thing which requires less water, etc-  but it was quite tasty.)

Jim_Campbell

Right... the end is in sight on this sodding job, so we should have a voting thread along in the morning. Apologies, once again, for the delay, folks!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Ignatzmonster

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 September, 2010, 08:09:33 PM
Right... the end is in sight on this sodding job, so we should have a voting thread along in the morning. Apologies, once again, for the delay, folks!

Cheers

Jim

Let me be the first to say no apologies are necessary by any fucking means. Super nice of you to run these comps period ('full stop' to the hoes at home).

Jim_Campbell

Finally. Comp closed. Voting thread to follow shortly.

As always, the entries have all been fantastic and, as always, some have come from waaay out of left field to really surprise me. Top work, one and all.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Staz Johnson

Back in my days of working in fanzines I wrote (perhaps 'wrote' is too grande a term for the hastily scribbled notes I made.. but it's the only term I have...)a story which I intended to try to get in one of the many 'zines I contributed to.

It followed on directly from the end of 'The Four Dark Judges', if you recall, after being freed from Judge Mortis' pitchfork, Dredd announces that he may just join Anderson on her sick leave. Dredd is only on vacation under orders from the chief judge, at a huge domed indoor seaside resort. The main gag being that Dredd sans helmet uniform (his face always obscured by a convienient ice cream or sun umbrella or whatever), & wearing only swimming shorts foils a pickpocket theft & is arrested by the duty judges for performing a citizens arrest (since they've never seen Dredd without his helmet, they dont recognise him), & it's only when Anderson (who they DO recognise)points out that only one man in MC1 has a chin like that, that they realise it really is Dredd.

I know, it's cheesy.. but in my defence.... I'm no writer.. Also, I never actually drew the story, the prospect of doing a follow up to a Bolland strip put the fear of god into me...

Steven Denton

Staz, maybe I have no taste but that sounds like a perfect idea story for zarjaz or a summer special! Maybe I will steal it!