Main Menu

Prog 1704 Spirited Away!

Started by JAMESCOR, 25 September, 2010, 12:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAMESCOR

Defoe on a nicely designed Leigh Gallagher cover, no time to read more then Dredd and Lowlife as I need to get to work. Should warn the more prudish among you, Dirty Frank is naked this issue and an impressive and capacious weapon is on display.

Trout

Dirty Frank is hilarious this issue - and his nakedness is glorious!  ;)

As ever, I'm gushing praise for the prog: a great ending for Dredd and more horrible action in Defoe, while Age of the Wolf continues to add blood and mysterious bits of plot. I really like Age of the Wolf.

At the back of the comic, Dante's back to his best with the welcome return of that line, which I won't spoil. Let's just say I grinned widely.

I can't pick a highlight - it's all good.

One panel did catch my eye, however, dirty bugger that I am. If Dirty Frank naked may bother you, wait until you see where Judge Riggs has an eagle tattoo...

- Trout

Toni Scandella

[spoiler]I noticed Rigg's tattoo, too... but still can't decide if it's a actually a tattoo of if female Judges just get a Justice Department wax...[/spoiler]

Colin YNWA

This prog's amazing revelation, Dirty Frank has Fred Hembeck knees! Who knew.

The rest of its predictably good as ever... well most of it then. Defoe does what Defoe does well, just alas still not for me. 'Age of the Wolf' works quite well. Still hasn't amazed me but is doing a fine job of being fine and still good enough to keep me thinking it'll go somewhere exciting and turn into a great story. The Dredd is good, not great Wagner Dredd but then standard Wagner Dredd is better than most things in comics and the more of Ben Wilsher I see the more I like his work.

The stars of the show however, as they have been from 1700 really are 'Lowlife' and 'Dante' both look absolutely brilliant. 'Lowlife' somehow manages to both high comedy and a great thriller all in one. Its a wonderful balancing act and one that so ably realized. Dante is just an almighty 'HORRAAAHHH' I felt like punching the air after reading it.

Good prog toying with greatness

Buttonman

Well done to Pete Wells for getting his fourth letter in which takes his Prog to Meg ratio to 2:2.

Alas the letter is a ghastly exercise in pimping his blog and is signed off with an even ghastlier pun. Massive FAIL!

Well done Pete!

IndigoPrime

On Riggs: "property of justice department"?

Pete Wells

Hey Buttonman, if you ever give up your job of erm... Letters Nazi you should become a motivational speaker or Samaritan  :)

That letter was genius I tells ye, and no one has ever used that pun before! I can only think there must have been an error at the printers and they stuck the Letter of the Week title over the wrong one...

Darren Stephens

Uber prog. Covers ace. Read Dante' first, as I couldn't wait to see the start of his retribution. Dredd ends well. Great story, top artwork. Love the raven zombie assault in Defoe. Lowlifes a fantastic thrill, too. The artwork just gets better and better. Amazing sustained run of thrillpower over the last few months, green man.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Richmond Clements

Trout

JamesC

I'm not sure if Wagner is sowing the seeds for some big changes at the academy of law but it's really jarring to me how rubbish the younger Judges are lately.
I found it a bit irritating when Riggs went off on her own last week - only to be bettered by some skinny old bloke with a stick - and then this week we had an ineffectual rookie.
I'm hoping Wagner has something up his sleeve because I think making street judges the equivalent of Star Trek red shirts is a mistake.
On a positive note I really enjoyed Dante (although I'm looking forward to getting Burns back on art duties), Lowlife was good fun and the Werewolf thing just about managed to hold my attention during the weirdy grandma stuff. Defoe continues to baffle and amuse me in equal measure. 

Toni Scandella

I think the tradotion of other Judges being a bit crap goes right back to Judge Alvin getting shot dead by Whitey one page into the very first story ;)

Jim_Campbell

I liked Dredd's fancy new Lawmaster, while the Rookie still had the traditional model...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 26 September, 2010, 10:13:16 AM
Plus- fish paste!

WHAT!WHERE! i was looking but couldn't see it....

Riggs' muff: Tattoo or shaved into an eagle!?  :o

Great Prog, how come the Ravens don't zombify as the peck the reeks?
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 September, 2010, 09:35:53 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 26 September, 2010, 10:13:16 AM
Plus- fish paste!

WHAT!WHERE! i was looking but couldn't see it....

Riggs' muff: Tattoo or shaved into an eagle!?  :o

Great Prog, how come the Ravens don't zombify as the peck the reeks?

Last panel on the second page.