Main Menu

Twin Peaks Gold

Started by stacey, 22 November, 2010, 09:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey

Am I the only geek in the world not to be aware of the new Twin Peaks box set containing the second series?!

I would really like this but it bugs me as I already have teh season one boxset. I hate it when they do stuff like this. Like when I already bought series 1&2 of Spaced then they brought out a box set with extras. The completist in me wants everything - but I can't afford to buy everything.

I would really really like this though. Was anyone else a fan?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: stacey on 22 November, 2010, 09:18:55 PM
Am I the only geek in the world not to be aware of the new Twin Peaks box set containing the second series?!

Probably since it's out quite a while, over 3 years even?

Hoagy

I've recently found time to watch it more fully on Horror channel. Its marvellous. Its so jammed packed with ideas it needs and deserves several viewings.

I'm watching it right now! How cool is that!?

Seriously I'm glad you started a thread based on it.

:)

Its psychedelic and terrifying and convoluted and kitschy and soapy and funny and bizarre in every scene. I love it.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Albion

I watched it when it was originally on and loved it but I haven't seen it since. I never did see the movie either.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Van Dom

Twin Peaks is one of my top 5 favourite tv shows of all time.
A current fave is Psych and here seems like a perfect place to point out there is a Twin Peaks homage episode coming up next week, that reunites a lot of the old cast.
Check out a couple of preview clip here:
http://video.usanetwork.com/series/psych/season_5_previews/dual-spires-promo-2/v1260741#////series/psych/season_5_previews/dual-spires-promo-2/v1260741
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

the shutdown man

I do love this show. I think I'm due for a rewatch soon myself, I bought season 2 a while back and I haven't watched it yet.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Proudhuff

I loved it, and having bought every version of Bladerunner I know what you mean  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Yep, I'm a bit of a fan too. I do believe that Locust is a massive fan of it too, having talked to him at some length about it on the hell-trek.
The box set hasn't been out that long, less then a year in England and Ireland, I do believe. Never got it myself as, like you, I already had series 1 so I just got the second series.
I don't think there is much difference in the content on the discs, but it dose look very shiny and nice.

HdE

I remember being 14 - 15 years old, and Twin Peaks was regular viewing. The ritual was that I'd sit and watch it with a Chinese takeaway. Loved it to bits.

I seriously doubt I'd watch it again, though.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

satchmo

I'm a huge fan, it's one of my all time favourites. I'm well overdue a rewatch! I'll try and dig out some photos of the Twin Peaks party we had back in the day, we had damn fine coffee and cherry pie, and everyone came dressed up as the characters. My sister made a quite uncanny Log Lady :)
Really need to get this box set, you feel me Santa?

Colin YNWA

Likewise loved that show and wasn't aware that they'd finally (well not that finally by the sound of it) released the whole lot.

stacey

I started a big season 1 rewatch recently and had to abandon it to rewatch Babylon 5 and Red Dwarf for a podcast. I think I'd forgotten the humour in it, I remember it more as being really creepy so it was a pleasant surprise. Kyle Machlachlan gives such a perfectly pitched performance.

Tell me about it Satchmo, going on my Christmas wish list, not that any sodder looks at that but y'never know!

Richmond Clements

The Big Man

I saw it in Fopp in Glasgow and it was reasonably cheap. Can't remember how much it was though.  :-*
"Is there a problem here ?"

HdE

Quote from: satchmo on 23 November, 2010, 06:24:59 AM
I'll try and dig out some photos of the Twin Peaks party we had back in the day, we had damn fine coffee and cherry pie, and everyone came dressed up as the characters.

Was there an Audrey? And if so, can we possibly arrange a reunion party for me to gatecrash?
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/