Main Menu

Nort Forum Gathering

Started by Beeks, 18 February, 2011, 11:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeks

Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 February, 2011, 06:31:02 PM
Looks like 19th March is also no good for me -  My brother's organised a surprise party for my mum's 80th.

First week in April?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Kehaar

All the best, Kehaar

http://clarkythecruel.wordpress.com - mosaic novel, war-game & RPG material

http://alfiesantics....ress.com/about/ - RPG of Free Liverpool Secret Agents in a Very British Civil War

Dissecting worlds the social science in SF & Fantasy podcast @ www.geeksyndicate.co.uk

Dandontdare

Proudhuff

somebody needs to recap the five w's here!!
DDT did a job on me

Kehaar

Where -Manc (liverpool is better for ale but Manc decided previously)

More precise start lunch @ the English Lounge (or if cutting costs at 'spoons on picadilly gardens) say meet 1 then eat 2 - handy for comic shops & that row of Indy pubs by afflecks?

Proceed to buy comics or beer in the combination you desire

Perfect night has me staggering onto a train latter in the day (ok night) having sank my last few in the Sailsbury.

9 April anyone ?
All the best, Kehaar

http://alfiesantics....ress.com/about/ - RPG of Free Liverpool Secret Agents in a Very British Civil War

Dissecting worlds the social science in SF & Fantasy podcast @ www.geeksyndicate.co.uk

Dandontdare

Quote from: Kehaar on 21 February, 2011, 06:37:11 PM
More precise start lunch @ the English Lounge (or if cutting costs at 'spoons on picadilly gardens)

I'm not that fussed about eating out first, was thinking more of a mid-point nosh (or a drunken kebab!). English Lounge is really nice, but a bit dear and a bit far from the other spots

Quote from: Kehaar on 21 February, 2011, 06:37:11 PMhandy for comic shops & that row of Indy pubs by afflecks?
Are you thinking of Dry Bar and Night & Day on Oldham Street? Good choices, close to FP and Travelling Man. (The only pub next to Afflecks that I can think of is the Unicorn, which is a real old men's pub.). From there we could hit Fab Cafe (which doesn't open till about 3.30 I think) on the way to Oxford Road.

Quote from: Kehaar on 21 February, 2011, 06:37:11 PM
Perfect night has me staggering onto a train latter in the day (ok night) having sank my last few in the Sailsbury.
Even better choice! Great little pub (with several other good ones on the doorstep) and a five minute stagger to my bed after!

I'd love to squeeze the Briton's Protection on to the list somewhere, but it's a bit off the route.

2nd or 9th April are good for me.

Kehaar

I think i am thinking of the Oldham st pubs - well kick off at one of those - this okay with other Norts ?
All the best, Kehaar

Beeks

9th April is fine..no chance about Night & Day though..it's about a fiver a pint!!

If we meet up in Dry Bar..everyone knows where that is..then I'll take you to a few cool boozers in the area which you won't need to remortgage your house for a drink..should definitely end up at Fab..maybe via one of the smallest pubs in the UK..The Circus Tavern!!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

SuperSurfer

Hi Norts

Crossing the demarcation line here to show you a Norty badge which Proudhuff asked me to create after he saw the Southers one.

Might adjust the colours a bit. I tried other combinations such as a black on red but that looked too fascistic.

SquashedFly

I'd think about being there, but I will be a couple months shy of the Legal drinking age then. Bugger.  :(

Spaceghost

Quote from: SquashedFly on 22 February, 2011, 05:40:56 AM
I'd think about being there, but I will be a couple months shy of the Legal drinking age then. Bugger.  :(

Christ, I started going to the pub when I was 15! I think you'll be alright.

I'm doing my best to sort out coming to this. I'll let you all know as soon as I can.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

SquashedFly

Quote from: Lee Bates on 22 February, 2011, 08:05:17 AM

I'm doing my best to sort out coming to this. I'll let you all know as soon as I can.

Hmm true  :D. I have been served before when with other people. The other issue is, would any of you guys feel a bit weird having a 17 year old aboard?  ;)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: SquashedFly on 22 February, 2011, 08:12:24 AM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 22 February, 2011, 08:05:17 AM

Hmm true  :D. I have been served before when with other people. The other issue is, would any of you guys feel a bit weird having a 17 year old aboard?  ;)

I'm curious to see if any of them can answer this without coming across like Michael Jackson...

Noisybast

I'd ordinarily be on this opportunity for a piss-up like a shot, but as I'm extraordinarily skint and conserving funds for a holiday in May (after which I may well be jobless once more), I'm going to have to hold fire. Bum...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Proudhuff

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 22 February, 2011, 02:39:13 AM
Hi Norts

Crossing the demarcation line here to show you a Norty badge which Proudhuff asked me to create after he saw the Southers one.

Might adjust the colours a bit. I tried other combinations such as a black on red but that looked too fascistic.

Superb, see what you mean about the colours, last thing we want is the Engerland De'fencing league adopting it, may start another thread about this... can the Jocks claim this badge?  ::)
DDT did a job on me