Main Menu

Forum change...!

Started by w3bz, 14 June, 2011, 01:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: 500 on 01 August, 2011, 09:43:39 AM
I have removed the search bar from the forum for now, It will return once I have had the chance to make it work.

Can we have the forum search back please?

As an interim measure, if anyone is looking for anything you can use this:

www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fforums.2000adonline.com+dredd
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Quote from: Emperor on 01 August, 2011, 02:57:15 PM
I have removed the search bar from the forum for now, It will return once I have had the chance to make it work.

When its ready

Emperor

Quote from: 500 on 01 August, 2011, 03:45:52 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 01 August, 2011, 02:57:15 PM

When its ready

But the forum search worked, we might as well have that back for now.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

If all goes well I will be rolling out the new search system tomorrow, so I'd rather not spend any time on getting the old one back (time that could be spent speeding up the roll out of the new system)

The Adventurer

We don't get the 5 minute post edit feature any more?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

johnnystress

The Search feature isn't working for me...and I cant tell if this has already been addressed.. because the Search feature isn't working for me

Using Google Chrome

Search bar is back and working

Thwacking stick on standby...

IAMTHESYSTEM

How come the 'modify' post button doesn't seem to exist anymore?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

w3bz

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 03 August, 2011, 01:01:04 PM
How come the 'modify' post button doesn't seem to exist anymore?

because it needed love - should be back again now...

James Stacey

we all need love from time to time. Good work fellahs.

Zarjazzer

No waayyy maan! The shark was right! These upgrades and tweaks are just part of the corporatist agenda designed to brainwash us-

ZAAAK!

I meant I love 2000AD and all its products.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

w3bz

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 03 August, 2011, 07:36:37 PM
No waayyy maan! The shark was right! These upgrades and tweaks are just part of the corporatist agenda designed to brainwash us-

ZAAAK!

I meant I love 2000AD and all its products.

Buy something! ...ahem...I mean...yes Earthlet of course you do!

Emperor

Quote from: 500 on 01 August, 2011, 04:39:12 PM
If all goes well I will be rolling out the new search system tomorrow, so I'd rather not spend any time on getting the old one back (time that could be spent speeding up the roll out of the new system)

The problem is that the forum search engine has very fined grained and allowed you to throw in all sorts of qualifiers in the advanced search. I could usually track down what I was looking for pretty quickly. I just tried to find something pretty straightforward through the new search engine and have had to give up.

w3bz

Quote from: Emperor on 03 August, 2011, 11:05:21 PM
Quote from: 500 on 01 August, 2011, 04:39:12 PM

The problem is that the forum search engine has very fined grained and allowed you to throw in all sorts of qualifiers in the advanced search. I could usually track down what I was looking for pretty quickly. I just tried to find something pretty straightforward through the new search engine and have had to give up.

Hey 500, let me reword that for you:

"Appreciate all the hard work you've done to integrate all the search functionality across the sites so quickly. Wow, what a guy! I often lie awake at night wondering how you manage to be so damn cool! By the way could we get an advance search function at some point? If it's not too much trouble, you know, in amongst the 20 other sites you maintain - boy do we love having you around!"

;)