Main Menu

New monthly Dredd title announced for North America

Started by Emperor, 16 March, 2012, 08:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Quote'note it in my comic diary for ordering'

Nerd!

CrazyFoxMachine

AND A COMMIE AS WELL NO DOUBT. Only patriots and MEN have stubble.

*I support the IDW Dredd series 100%* <-- I'll include this tag in every cynical post I put in this thread

Colin YNWA

Love that cover, absolutely fantastic. Really looking forward to seeing more of Garry Brown's sequential work on The Massive when I pick it up, but his covers are great.

SuperSurfer

Colin YNWA

Can't find the Brendan McCarthy thread where it was discussed that he was doing a backup strip in the new comic but look, look here

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/21/avatar-boom-dynamite-and-idw-solicitations-for-december-2012/

(well you have to scroll down quite a bit so I'll copy a quote across too)

QuoteJUDGE DREDD #2

(W) Duane Swierczynski (A) Nelson Daniel, Brendan McCarthy (CA) Zach Howard, Greg Staples
In Mega-City one, Judges ARE the law. But what happens when a veteran Judge goes bad? And he's so skilled at hiding his misdeeds that even Judge Dredd is unable to dig up the evidence he needs? Looks like it's time to choose psis... from the Psi Division, that is!
IDW's all-new ongoing series continues here, with the re-introduction of fan-favorite JUDGE ANDERSON! Don't even think about skipping this issue. Because... well, she'll *know*.

Its in issue 2 WAYHEY!!!!!!!

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 September, 2012, 04:22:53 PM
Can't find the Brendan McCarthy thread where it was discussed that he was doing a backup strip...

It was this thread; the page before this one, in fact  ;)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 23 September, 2012, 06:33:59 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 September, 2012, 04:22:53 PM
Can't find the Brendan McCarthy thread where it was discussed that he was doing a backup strip...

It was this thread; the page before this one, in fact  ;)

Arh, that's me librarian supreme, always afloat while others drown in the flood of information that is the internet... my peers must never know my shame.

Still Brendan McCarthy in issue 2 who cares!

moly

any suggestions where i could get this on subscription as my local comic shop has closed again

Colin YNWA

Full solicitation for issue two. Nothing too new but well a like detail

QuoteJudge Dredd #2
Duane Swierczynski (w) • Nelson Daniel, Brendan McCarthy (a) • Zach Howard, Greg Staples (c)
In Mega-City one, Judges ARE the law. But what happens when a veteran Judge goes bad? And he's so skilled at hiding his misdeeds that even Judge Dredd is unable to dig up the evidence he needs? Looks like it's time to choose psis... from the Psi Division, that is!
IDW's all-new ongoing series continues here, with the re-introduction of fan-favorite JUDGE ANDERSON! Don't even think about skipping this issue. Because... well, she'll *know*.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*Variant Covers:
Nick Bradshaw variant cover!
Unique hand-sketched Judge Dredd variant by Kyle Strahm!

Bullet points:
•    (Re)introducing Judge Anderson and the Psi Division!
•    Special back-up story features art and colors by Brendan McCarthy!
•    Variant cover by beloved 2000 AD artist Greg Staples!

From IDW solicitations over at Newsarama

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/idw-december-2012-solicitations.html

sheldipez

Quote from: moly on 28 September, 2012, 12:25:24 PM
any suggestions where i could get this on subscription as my local comic shop has closed again

The store mentioned earlier (http://www.disposableheroes.co.uk) is selling all these

James Stacey

No no no. It's time to choose the SJS surely

Richmond Clements

Quote from: James Stacey on 26 October, 2012, 09:19:10 AM

No no no. It's time to choose the SJS surely

Really? Could you see Dredd going to the SJS?

James Stacey

Yes I can. It's the rules and Dredd is a stickler for them there rules. The only time I can think of Dredd deliberately avoiding the SJS is during the Pit when he was concerned the SJS judges were corrupt themselves

Richmond Clements

Quote from: James Stacey on 26 October, 2012, 09:26:09 AM
Yes I can. It's the rules and Dredd is a stickler for them there rules. The only time I can think of Dredd deliberately avoiding the SJS is during the Pit when he was concerned the SJS judges were corrupt themselves

Dredd has a long history of mistrusting the SJS, starting back in the days of Cal.
I'd suggest that's it's only now he is starting to thaw, and even then only to one or two individuals.

I'd also suggest that we wait to read the story before making any judgement (as it were) calls on the plot.

James Stacey

Absolutely, we don't know the context of the story, just struck me as odd. I'd argue however that Dredd probably has a longer history of distrusting Psis.