Main Menu

New monthly Dredd title announced for North America

Started by Emperor, 16 March, 2012, 08:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Midtown comics updates 'next weeks titles' by publisher on their website every Wednesday evening- I've never known them to be wrong.
Dredd wasn't on the list for the 14th, so it'll be the 21st (TBC tomorrow evening!)

Spikes

21st eh? Well, ive waited this long, i can wait another week.
Just thought id finally be getting to see it this week,  :(

Link Prime

Just completed some wednesday shopping on Midtown Comics....I can confirm its released on 21st.
Also for variant cover completists...Midtown have their own exclusive cover. No pics I'm afraid.

Link Prime

And no...I don't work for them, but I also just noticed that Midtown are selling a Dynamic Forces variant signed by writer Dwayne Swierczynski for $16.80.

A definite must for hardcore collectors I'm sure.
Maybe Dynamic Forces should be renamed "Commando Forces"  :)

Spikes

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 November, 2012, 08:21:23 PM
Just completed some wednesday shopping on Midtown Comics....I can confirm its released on 21st.

Ah well, next week it is then. With a few extra days for delivery, hopefully we'll get to see this next weekend.

Link Prime

A quote from the 'Big Bang Comics' (Dublin) weekly email:

JUDGE DREDD # 1 THE BIG BANG EDITION. Yep, we have our own Variant Cover to this week's Judge Dredd # 1 from IDW. You can only get it here and you can only get it from us and it's at the low low price of €2.00 for 1 month. After that it'll be released online for full price online and world wide through selected retailers in the UK and The States. We're really pleased to have a character like Dredd kicking in the shop door. These are limited to 500 copies World Wide. Get them while you can punks.

I'll be in that shop at some stage next week.
If anyone would like a copy of this variant (for €2.00 cost and P&P expenses) let me know.

Colin YNWA

7 page Preview over at CBR.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=14275

I've not read it as I'll wait until I have the whole thing in my mitts, but thought others might like a look.

Spikes

Nice one, had one of my quick periodical looks to see if any preview's were about, but couldnt find owt. So im guessing this is the first.
Treated myself to a one page sneaky peek, the rest ill wait for, as well.
Art doesnt look too bad at all, from what i saw.

Greg M.

Cheers for that, Colin. I read the lot, Swierczynski seems (to me) to be hitting the right notes and visually it seems perfectly in-tune with what one would hope for (when you just look at the thumbnails on the main page, it all looks rather Henry Flint-y, I reckon, though this is less the case when you view the actual pages.) Plus, as I've observed before, [spoiler]malevolent fruit [/spoiler] is about as 2000AD a concept as is possible.

Jim_Campbell

Yeah, that preview doesn't offend me at all -- I find myself remarkably optimistic!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

a chosen rider

Not bad, not bad!  :thumbsup:  Only a little bit of Dredd in those pages, but what we see looks and sounds right.  Optimism rising!
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

James Stacey

Arts good, story feels suitably Dredd. As, like many on here, I was buying it anyway, this makes me happy.

Zarjazzer

oops :-[  put another link up but was pointed here by Jim Campbell.

I thought it was rather good. Nice, clean art and Dredd looks right.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

NSFTM

is this being made available through the futureshop, even better can we subscribe to it?

i can't show my face in FP because they have 14 years worth of transformers comics waiting for me

It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Spikes