Main Menu

WANTED: Dogbreath - 1, 2, 5, 6, 7

Started by Large48, 29 May, 2012, 04:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

Hi all,

Anyone got a duplicate or they just want rid off any of the Dogbreaths above?

I need number 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7.

Can buy or maybe swap but that doesn't mean for a DPS Ming!  ;)

Cheers
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Bolt-01

If this prompts anyone to part with their copies, then I would like 1, 2 and 4. Those are the only ones I don't have.

strontium71

I have issues 2 , 3 , 5 , 7-14 - They're not for sale but as they are only A4 pages and held in with one of those plastic binders , I am willing to scan the pages and email them to you. It just means that you have to get them printed out your end , so aside from the coloured covers , they'll be like the originals. It'll give me something to do over this bloody 4 day holiday coming up.
...because I hate you.

COMMANDO FORCES

Even the Cellar hasn't managed to obtain No1  :'(

strontium71

I know I do have issues 1 , 4 and 6 - I wouldn't have just bought random numbers - it's just that they are not where the ones I pulled out are , so I'm just mentioning these ones for copying until the others turn up.
...because I hate you.

COMMANDO FORCES

Best you bring that one to the Southern Contingent gathering  ;)

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: strontium71 on 29 May, 2012, 08:26:55 PM
I know I do have issues 1 , 4 and 6 - I wouldn't have just bought random numbers - it's just that they are not where the ones I pulled out are , so I'm just mentioning these ones for copying until the others turn up.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Amanda Krear aka Doctor Bob to find out if she still has the files? I'd love to see FQ include a classic reprint every issue or so.

strontium71

I wonder if she'd still be contactable via the email given...
...because I hate you.

locustsofdeath!

Certainly worth a shot. Be nice to know those original stories are preserved!

Bolt-01

Just so you know I've passed Ian's mail on to the original Dr Bob. Though I don't think she has any of the early issues for sale.

She 'may' be amenable to making them all available digitally- but then again she may not. She may not even have permission.

Emperor

Yeah I'd love to see the out of print issues in digital format (all the fanzines).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Large48

Quote from: strontium71 on 29 May, 2012, 07:48:46 PM
I have issues 2 , 3 , 5 , 7-14 - They're not for sale but as they are only A4 pages and held in with one of those plastic binders , I am willing to scan the pages and email them to you. It just means that you have to get them printed out your end , so aside from the coloured covers , they'll be like the originals. It'll give me something to do over this bloody 4 day holiday coming up.

S71 yeah let me have copies then :-)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Bolt-01

The latest on this as I understand it. Dr Bob (original Editor) would be happy to allow for a set of scans to be made for the issues on the provisos that:

(a) 2000AD doesn't object,
(b) the relevant issue gets taken down if the other contributors for it object, or their parts removed.
(c) whoever posts them is aware that non-2000ad intellectual property stuff sneaks in now and then (e.g. teletubbies)

Now, my thinking for this is that if someone can scan issues 1, 2 and 4; I can scan the rest and post them up every few months on a page over on the Quaequam Blog. However, this has yet to be finalised.

strontium71

But there's no problem in me scanning in the issues that I have and sending them direct via email to Mr Large , and not posting them anywhere? That should be alright shouldn't it?
...because I hate you.

Bolt-01

S71- no problems at all. In fact I'd happily have a set of those scans too. It might well save me some work :)