Main Menu

Links to film reviews and reaction posts

Started by a chosen rider, 12 July, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

CraveNoir

Quote from: karlurbaninternational on 17 July, 2012, 04:25:02 PM
+ whoever is managing the JDMN Twitter, also thank you.

You're welcome. :) ...and now that things will be quiet for a few weeks I've changed the name to @dreddalert

karlurbaninternational

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: CraveNoir on 17 July, 2012, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: karlurbaninternational on 17 July, 2012, 04:25:02 PM
+ whoever is managing the JDMN Twitter, also thank you.

You're welcome. :) ...and now that things will be quiet for a few weeks I've changed the name to @dreddalert

That's a neat naming idea!
Never rub another mans rhubarb

CraveNoir

Mania - DREDD 3D - Comic Con First Impression
http://www.mania.com/dredd-3d-comic-con-first-impression_article_133657.html

Cheers, Kowalsky.
I'm sure I posted here many years ago about hating story title puns on the name Dredd!

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

It has a certain irony granted but bodes well for this film :)

Moving on here is a link to an article which does hit home for the uninitiated. Including a visit to the twooth booth at San Diego Comic Con.

Never rub another mans rhubarb

JOE SOAP

darnmarr

Michaelvk

Quote from: darnmarr on 18 July, 2012, 02:41:54 PM
Wow. Does anybody have anything bad to say about 'Dredd'?- I feel like I'm dreaming...

I do.. We still have to wait two months to see it.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Goaty

Quote from: CraveNoir on 18 July, 2012, 08:57:43 AM
Mania - DREDD 3D - Comic Con First Impression

I like this;

As I stated above this is a first impression of DREDD 3D. I don't feel as if I have the full Judge Dredd comic knowledge to make a fair full review. What I saw was gritty, raw, and refreshing. I don't need my movie comic book heroes to save the world every time. Studios, however, want the giant sweeping epic. What I got was a good story that wasn't over the top nor plagued by comic relief. Yes, Rob Schneider, I am looking at you.

I stopped at the 2000 AD (publishers of the comic) booth at Comic Con and asked the all important question, "Where do I start with Judge Dredd?" A question I had no desire to ask in 1995. The answer was quick and simple, "The Day the Law Died" by John Wagner. A copy of which was promptly stuck in my had by a extremely helpful British gentlemen.

PreacherCain

Not sure if this has been posted already...

Empire podcast interview with Karl Urban :: http://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/comic-con-2012-podcast-2-karl

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 18 July, 2012, 05:37:08 PM
I stopped at the 2000 AD (publishers of the comic) booth at Comic Con and asked the all important question, "Where do I start with Judge Dredd?" A question I had no desire to ask in 1995. The answer was quick and simple, "The Day the Law Died" by John Wagner. A copy of which was promptly stuck in my had by a extremely helpful British gentlemen.

Which ironically is the story most similar to the plot of the '95 film.

darnmarr

Mudcrab

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 July, 2012, 08:08:37 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 18 July, 2012, 05:37:08 PM

Which ironically is the story most similar to the plot of the '95 film.

True, but it has the real Fergee, Cal, Judge Fish of course and a good range of artists. I've seen that described as being "a bad thing" but as an introduction it has its merits.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!