Main Menu

Links to film reviews and reaction posts

Started by a chosen rider, 12 July, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty Sanchez

Sorry, I read the interview back to front. The comicbook.com guy was plugging Dredd to the IMDB guy, not the other way round.

CraveNoir

judda fett

Frank

CYCLOPZ

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 21 August, 2012, 08:25:39 PM
Forbes article on 2000ad Snub in Trailer

I don't understand the Americans' apparent failure to basic arithmetic when it comes to 2000AD. "It costs $20 per month when a standard US comic costs $3.99"

Yes, but for that twenty bucks, you'll get ONE HUNDRED FUCKING PAGES OF STRIP, you FUCKING MORON.

Aaaaaaand... relax.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

4 issues of 2000AD every month is the equivalent of 5 standard US comics but better written.

SmallBlueThing

Yeah, but they're only reading it for dredd, not the (hrrn, calm down steev) "back-up strips", so it's only 24 pages of what they want.

Im going off for a little swear now.

SBT

Spaceghost

I think you're being a bit unfair to the Forbes article. The writer is obviously a genuine fan who reads the comic and she urges people to 'check it out'.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Lee Bates on 22 August, 2012, 08:12:50 AM
I think you're being a bit unfair to the Forbes article. The writer is obviously a genuine fan who reads the comic and she urges people to 'check it out'.

Balls. Why would anyone 'check it out' when she's telling people that 2000AD costs five times as much as a US comic and neglecting to mention that for that money you get five times as much strip. That's not being a fan, that's being an idiot.

Edit to add: I notice that she acknowledges this point, as made by Joe Soap, in the comments section, but this doesn't change the fact that she presents a completely cretinous argument about the cost of 2000AD compared to US titles in the main article.

Bah.

Jim

Spaceghost

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 22 August, 2012, 08:21:58 AM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 22 August, 2012, 08:12:50 AM

Balls. Why would anyone 'check it out' when she's telling people that 2000AD costs five times as much as a US comic and neglecting to mention that for that money you get five times as much strip. That's not being a fan, that's being an idiot.

NO, YOU ARE BALLS.

Yeah, fair enough, she makes a ridiculous comment about the price but she is still obviously a fan. She has a bit of a point too. It would be nice to see a 2000 AD logo somewhere in the marketing for the film. Even just a little one.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Lee Bates on 22 August, 2012, 08:42:20 AM
NO, YOU ARE BALLS.

That was unnecessarily --ahem-- terse on my part. Apologies. It was early, and I was tetchy, and there was no need for it.

Cheers

Jim

Spaceghost

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 22 August, 2012, 10:04:28 AM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 22 August, 2012, 08:42:20 AM
NO, YOU ARE BALLS.

That was unnecessarily --ahem-- terse on my part. Apologies. It was early, and I was tetchy, and there was no need for it.

Cheers

Jim

No bother.