Main Menu

Links to film reviews and reaction posts

Started by a chosen rider, 12 July, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisticuffs

Batman films are ludicrously unfaithful to the comics, Bat's goes from a lithe, agile ninja detective, to an armoured tech-thug with a 50 a day habit. :(

Proudhuff

Any word from Simon Pegg? given he's chums with Karl thought he might have tweeted or done a bit cheerleading at least?
DDT did a job on me

Fisticuffs

I did send him a tweet asking if he'd seen it but got no reply...

Danbo

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 September, 2012, 01:30:15 PM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 13 September, 2012, 01:19:01 PM
The next Batman film should have the same tone,hard R/18.Go on Hollywood,grow some balls. A 50mil hardR Bats,that the kinda legacy Dredd should have.

I think they should go the opposite way if they must do more Batman films. Make it creepier and more of a mystery style thriller. The gritty angle suits Dredd because it was always an aspect of the character in the comic but then again, what do I know, I'm not a Bat-fan. R-rated superhero films feel silly to me.
I want them to play up Batman mental illness and have him sneak into crims bedrooms at night to break all their arms and legs.
Anyway never gonna happen.......back to Dredd.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Goaty

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 13 September, 2012, 01:42:59 PM

Hope he hadn't done another burns your fan stuffs as he did with Star Wars in Spaced...?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Goaty on 13 September, 2012, 01:58:04 PM
Quote from: Fisticuffs on 13 September, 2012, 01:42:59 PM

Hope he hadn't done another burns your fan stuffs as he did with Star Wars in Spaced...?

I very much doubt anyone could make a comparison between Dredd and The Phantom Menace!!

darnmarr

I was playing music last night: in a pub, the people at the nearest table weren't listening - they were all talking about this amazing film that one of them hadn't seen and another one had already seen twice, in between songs I proudly announced "Three times! lads" the response was:"Dredd?- it's fucking amazing, isn't it?"

Colin YNWA

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 September, 2012, 05:09:57 PM
The Beat is picking up on things too now.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/2012/09/13/critics-love-dredd-3d/

What surprises me is the reaction if bewilderment that Dredd has turned out to be good from so many quarters. I get the impression that the only exposure they ever had was Judge Dredd '95.

Dandontdare

DeFuzzed

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 13 September, 2012, 06:03:13 PM
What surprises me is the reaction if bewilderment that Dredd has turned out to be good from so many quarters. I get the impression that the only exposure they ever had was Judge Dredd '95.

I'm not surprised at all since I was pretty surprised by how good Dredd is. I had faith in the people behind it but I was still bracing myself for something not-so-good. And the fact it's the UK No.1?? - did not see that coming at all.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 September, 2012, 01:26:18 PM
Characterwise, it's also the most faithful comic film.

Dredd is literally an episode of the comic made for the big screen.

QuickQuag

Whoah. SomethingAwful.com gives it 48/50

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/current-movie-reviews/dredd-words-oogieloves.php

With an impressive final comment:

QuoteDirector Pete Travis has constructed a brilliantly layered, hard-hitting and interesting sci-fi action film that I wish anybody working at Marvel Films had the sheer audacity to even attempt.

The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.