Main Menu

John Wagner Interview

Started by GordyM, 19 July, 2012, 08:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Judo on 24 July, 2012, 05:38:37 PM
sorry guys, he says you can see it if you reaaaally want but he'd rather not as he is a little embarrassed by his younger art school student self hahaha.   Such a shame but nae joy Im no posting it if Colin's no keen x

I'm sure a bit of arm-twisting might work here.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

WhitBloke

Oh, sure, yeah...  Laud Gordy for the greatness of No More Heroes, trumpet his name for his and Caio's labours rewarded, welcome his selfless offering of an immensely enjoyable easily-watched-several-times interview with the mighty, self-effacing class act that is John Wagner.  Yet, you all seem to be forgetting...  Take another look and it's there, staring us all in the face, like some kind of malignant smirk.  GordyM.  Writer/Frustrated God-King.

It's not like he's not been warning us all along.  It's only going to get worse, you know.

That said, Gordy, it is all praise well deserved and clearly earned.  Great work, sir.  Thanks very much, in fact, for putting it out there.  (By which I obviously mean the superb interview, since NMH is clearly the work of an unhinged sickster, if in a good way.)
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Judo

awww I couldn't peer pressure Colin... that's shady...  I only use my powers of persuasion for good not evil!  It is a shame though - 'first ever interview'... Possibly!

I think there's other interviews in it with alan grant and such but I haven't read it through.  Ill need to give it back at some point so if you want me to check I will.  Ill need to transcribe but of course I can always spare time for friends like you emperor :)

Again its not an official thing, just a really good mate from work who I didnt even know liked comics lent me it cos I was saying it was a shame colin couldn't make the con...  I didn't get to make cheeky comments to the superfans while he drew dredd for the millionth time lol One day I'm getting that sketch of me and colin high fiving lol x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Emperor

Quote from: Judo on 30 July, 2012, 11:16:12 AM
awww I couldn't peer pressure Colin... that's shady...  I only use my powers of persuasion for good not evil!

Well, luckily, I have no such qualms. I hate to put a Terry Pratchett lookalikie in an arm lock but....
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

W. R. Logan

Quote from: Judo on 23 July, 2012, 10:18:42 AM
maybe just the american citizenship, passport and lovely drawl... but a very Scottish sense of humour! x

Sure John told me he is Scottish and could apply for an American passport if he wanted.

Judo

haha emperor now there's a fight I'd pay to see!  I did once use my persuasive powers to get a shot of his hat.  Love, war and really nice hats... ;)

Haha well maybe john needs to get a biopic made.  Someone call kronenberg!  3 hours of harcore writers action - mainly involving him thinking about stuff for long periods of time, laughing to himself and writing shit down.  Though he'd prob end up played by some austrailian hunk... Lolol! x

Ps hahaha whitbloke I didn't see your comment but how very funny you always are!
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Emperor

Might as well use this for a CBR interview with John Wagner:

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40172

GordyM

Quote from: WhitBloke on 29 July, 2012, 09:08:01 PM
Oh, sure, yeah...  Laud Gordy for the greatness of No More Heroes, trumpet his name for his and Caio's labours rewarded, welcome his selfless offering of an immensely enjoyable easily-watched-several-times interview with the mighty, self-effacing class act that is John Wagner.  Yet, you all seem to be forgetting...  Take another look and it's there, staring us all in the face, like some kind of malignant smirk.  GordyM.  Writer/Frustrated God-King.

It's not like he's not been warning us all along.  It's only going to get worse, you know.

That said, Gordy, it is all praise well deserved and clearly earned.  Great work, sir.  Thanks very much, in fact, for putting it out there.  (By which I obviously mean the superb interview, since NMH is clearly the work of an unhinged sickster, if in a good way.)

Thank you! And don't worry, when I assume the throne of God King I promise to only wipe out, what, maybe 20% of humanity at most? I'll need the room for my scaletrix, so I'm sure they'll understand.

Quote from: Emperor on 02 August, 2012, 07:14:26 PM
Might as well use this for a CBR interview with John Wagner:

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40172

That's a VERY good interview, even taking into account its distinct lack of me.  :D
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file