Main Menu

PROG 1826 DISAPPEAR HERE!

Started by JUDGE BURNS, 30 March, 2013, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDGE BURNS

My prog arrived earlier than expected today   :D

Dredd on the cover this week with a new artist on board..Paul Davidson, who also is the main artist for the new storyline for Dredd: Suicide Watch.

There is a mysterious new cult that has evolved in the wake of chaos day. The art is very good and the opening page has a great profile of Dredd arresting an old lady while being attacked by some perps. There is aPSI judge helping dredd at the end Judge Hamida. There appears to be a new foe for ol' Dredd to catch in this story.

Dandridge: Not a fan of this at all, but will read it through once its complete.

3rillers; great fun and finishes on a wee surpise for the boys.

Stickleback: the story moving along nicely here.

Zombo: absolutely brilliant this week . Wont say any more than that. Spoilers!

A very funny Droid Life completes the currrent prog:

Overall:9 out of 10

The Amstor Computer

Cover's neat - very McMahon, I thought.

BTW - who is Emma Beeby? She seems to be collaborating a lot with Gordon Rennie these days, and I don't recognise the name.

chuffsteruk

Disappear here eh?

Ironic, as my copy didn't arrive  :D!

Batman's Superior Cousin

And the postie just walked right past my front door!! :(
Bleeding typical!! >:(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Frank

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 30 March, 2013, 11:22:59 AM
BTW - who is Emma Beeby? She seems to be collaborating a lot with Gordon Rennie these days, and I don't recognise the name.

Not just in the pages of 2000AD. She's also co-written a couple of Doctor Who's with Gordon Rennie for Big Finish. I think it's great to see a female name in the writers credit box in 2000AD.

Albion

Surprised to see Prog 1826 in a newsagent today. That's a few days early.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Link Prime

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 30 March, 2013, 10:56:11 AM

Dredd on the cover this week with a new artist on board..Paul Davidson, who also is the main artist for the new storyline for Dredd: Suicide Watch.

The art is very good

Marvels 'X-Factor' is one of the few monthly comics that survived the great pull-list cull of '12.
Paul Davidson has produced the art for a few issues of it, and he is an astounding artist (I bought a few original art pages from him, and honestly believe the man's true calling is B&W strip work in 2000AD).

Thrilled to hear he's on Dredd.

Hawkmumbler

Finaly getting it tommorrow (if Grud be with me). Thrill levels terribly low over easter weekend.

vzzbux

Another 'Where is Dredd' Dredd story for me. The last few Dredd writers have given me plenty of Dredd escecially Mr Carroll. This story does have potential but I like my Dredd to have Dredd in them not Dreddless.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Eamonn Clarke

Thrill powered post arrived!

Dredd - Good start. Liked the Psi scene with interesting use of Wagner's post Day of Chaos sandbox

Dandridge - actually quite getting into this. Good fun

3Rillers. Like the geeks in space theme. Could easily return

Stickleback. This week I spot Del Boy and Rodney, Batman's cowl, Kim Newman, the Wold Newton universe, possibly Adam Adamant, and Bryan Talbot. I'm sure there is more. Also I think D'Israeli has used those Alberto Breccia inspired cellars in Scarlet Traces.

Zombo. The Fab Four and the Fantastic Four! Brilliant.

I, Cosh

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 30 March, 2013, 10:56:11 AMThere appears to be a new foe for ol' Dredd to catch in this story.
I'd like to think this is a deliberate joke but, even if you have forgotten the first appearance of this creature, this comment tickles me as a nice meta comment on its modus operandi. Personally, I thought this was an effortlessly entertaining opener whose only downside was reminding me how infrequently we see Rennie on Dredd these days.

Survival Geeks has been a fun story but once is enough for me.

Everything else is of a pleasingly high standard but the loveable daftness of Zombo stands out.
We never really die.

chiefy2shoes

First time the postie has denied me my sub in the last 3 months. It was a good run I guess.

Also, I popped into Smiths today (Wimbledon) and found the new prog in the shelf on a Tuesday!

Colin Zeal

When i bought the prog in Smiths i always found that a bank holiday had the other affect, ie it being put on the shelves a day late on Thursday.

Tjm86

Quote from: chiefy2shoes on 02 April, 2013, 01:36:40 PM
First time the postie has denied me my sub in the last 3 months. It was a good run I guess.

ditto here ...  :'(