Main Menu

New 2000AD artwork for Sale on Comic Artfans

Started by Sideshow Bob, 14 May, 2013, 01:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sideshow Bob

Opaque,
Best guess, or average price is what you're going to have to go with...Unless of course you have bought them recently and have a 'note / receipt' for what you paid.
Check various sites and see if there is a similar type piece and go with that estimate.....OR.....

You could ask Dale....Need to remember to deduct his 20% profit margin though... :lol:
Only joking Dale... :D

Ps : Whats the feeling on this Nick Percival piece of Slaine on eBay. ?? ..( No acetate overlay included with this one ).....www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181138947225 and for Sale for £500...
Kinda makes my brothers' pieces in / around the correct 'ballpark' figure...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

opaque

Fine if the insurance company would accept my guess, hopefully noone has had to actually test that idea.

Sideshow Bob

Opaque..
Yes, hopefully that won't ever happen...
I imagine that several people on this forum would be quite surprised at just how expensive it would be to replace ( unfortunately original art is irreplaceable ) or get 'similar' pieces to those bits they had lost...
I'm imagining that lots of people have never even given it a 'thought'...

And nowadays, with the move towards more 'digital art' pieces, the original hand painted / inked hand drawn stuff is only getting rarer and more valuable.....As far as I'm aware most 'comic book' artists are using the digital method...However I may be wrong....but I understand with the digital method it's possible to get more artwork produced than with the 'more traditional' method....This is in no way disparaging towards those who use the digital method ( for whatever reason ) as unless the natural ability and talent is there in abundance it doesn't matter what method they use....

It would be really nice to get an artists' comments on this !!...ie Reasons for Digital as opposed to Traditional...  In fact I think I'll start a thread on this, I'm sure there will be a bit of interest from those 'non artists / painters' amongst us.
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Fatboydale

Insurance is for soft lads ...... none of mine is insured !!! but i do have all the high end pages locked in a Vault .....

hippynumber1

Silver-acre used to do insurance quotes/estimates; not sure if they still do...

hippynumber1

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 19 May, 2013, 12:24:43 PM

Ps : Whats the feeling on this Nick Percival piece of Slaine on eBay. ?? ..( No acetate overlay included with this one ).....www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181138947225 and for Sale for £500...
Kinda makes my brothers' pieces in / around the correct 'ballpark' figure...

I'd say it was overpriced ;) especially when you can get this half splash http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=883627&GSub=129495
for €250

Fatboydale

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 May, 2013, 05:59:31 PM
Silver-acre used to do insurance quotes/estimates; not sure if they still do...

You mean when Darryl asks me , How much do think these are worth ....Darryl is a personal friend and we do chat quite a bit about the 2000ad artwork world ....

And Yes i understand he will give written Valuations for a price ....

malak brood

QuoteBut where did you get the replacement value from? Best guess?
Or did you buy them all more recently?

Spreadsheet sounds a good idea, will have to do that.

No, have been buying for a while at various prices.  If anything bad happened the insurance company would send a loss adjuster.  The spreadsheet gives replacement values, these can be found from Dealers, CAF, ebay.  I would point them at folk like Darryl, Dale etc to get a fair view on value and other collectors in the field.  We all know the good stuff moves for decent prices.  You must make sure you have a replacement rather than bought value prices on your policy.  No one insures a Rothko for what they paid in 1970.......  :)