Main Menu

2000 AD's 37th birthday

Started by Molch-R, 24 January, 2014, 03:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

Aren't we supposed to give you something if it's your birthday :lol: ?
...because I hate you.

Pete Wells

I like the idea of a live Q&A thingy. A competition where the winner gets their name in a Dredd strip as a block or Judge would be cool too!

Jo-L

I thought this forum WAS the online party?

Can Rebellion write a stable 2000AD based MMORPG in a month?

Trout

Quote from: sauchie on 25 January, 2014, 09:38:46 AM
Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 25 January, 2014, 02:38:42 AM
A pencil.

For some reason, I've still got that fucking pencil. The only worse gift the House of Tharg ever lavished upon me was the 12 piece jigsaw that came with the Megazine.

The pencil is my favourite free gift ever. I bought two more on eBay.

Spikes

shaolin_monkey

How does an online party work? Do we all sit around in front of webcams drinking shots on our own?  Is it possible to do a karaoke like that? I remember someone saying they got drunk doing a three hour live podcast. Is it that kind of thing?

Bloody hell, I'm starting to ask the same kind of questions my grandpa did.

Judge Brian

I have an idea for the 40th anniversary issue. Get the rights, for one prog only, to Dan Dare. I hear his story never properly concluded. Get the Gibbons droid to draw it.

Judge Brian

How about a Pat Mills photo cover. He is the original Tharg.

or

A cover with Matt Smith painted up as Tharg.

Frank

Quote from: Ken Trousers on 25 January, 2014, 08:26:23 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 25 January, 2014, 11:02:24 AM
Quote from: sauchie on 25 January, 2014, 09:38:46 AM
Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 25 January, 2014, 02:38:42 AM
A pencil.

For some reason, I've still got that fucking pencil. The only worse gift the House of Tharg ever lavished upon me was the 12 piece jigsaw that came with the Megazine.

I went through a period when at various Comic fairs I'd snag the pencil gift if I saw it, and ended up with a mug filled with them. Bit pricey now on eBay. Some people charge the Earth for them.  So yes, if the party involves pencils, or simply free gifts, then im in....

The pencil is my favourite free gift ever. I bought two more on eBay.

I'm clearly wrong; pencils are the way forward. Maybe TMO's online party could have a pencil theme, and we could all be given special commemorative pencils - internet pencils.

Daveycandlish

How about asking all of issue 1's artists to do a sketch? (those that are still capable of holding a pencil)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Frank

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 26 January, 2014, 02:58:45 AM
How does an online party work?

I don't think anyone knows, hence the creation of this thread. The only thing I can think of that would work online and could be knocked up in time for Easter is 2000ad themed versions of games from the 8-bit/arcade era most of us would have grown up with. I'm not sure the website could handle a few dozen of us competing to get our three letter names on the hi-score board of a VCs version of Space Invaders, though.

A two player Street Fighter style beat em-up or Doom type multiplayer shooter with 2000ad characters would be incredible, but I'm fairly certain those would be impractical.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 26 January, 2014, 09:29:46 AM
How about asking all of issue 1's artists to do a sketch? (those that are still capable of holding a pencil)

Lining up the artists is no problem, it's the pencils that are the issue.  Apparently they're all at Judge Jack's house.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Proudhuff

bring back the Thin Ice award and Roger's Mum
DDT did a job on me