Main Menu

Please queue here to be assigned your classic Thrill.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 19 April, 2003, 06:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Tharg has let me know that as a result of the succesful relaunch of V.C.'s he's bringing a lot of other classics back from the dead. As we always know best he's going to ask a selection of the Message Board Irregulars to pen them. Please have your first episode scripts ready for submitting to the Nerve Centre by Tuesday.

Paul Von Scott - Fiends of the Eastern Front.
Arthur Wyatt - Harry Twenty on the High Rock.
Slips - Slaine.
PeteMaskReplica - Return to Armageddon.
Bou - Ant Wars.
Malchidiel - Flesh.
Gary Wilkinson - Invasion.
Devons Daddy - Skizz.
Capt. Zeep - Bad Company.
Gareth Whitty - Zenith.
Eggonlegs - Indigo Prime.
Troutman - Bradley.
Karne - Luke Kirby.
Wils - Harlem Heroes.
Oddboy - D.R. & Quinch.
Somethingfishy - Ace Trucking Co.
The Watcher - Strontium Dog.
Scojo - The Ballad of Halo Jones.

Devons Daddy

yes finaly.
just a brief for  all here. a teaser if you will.

skizz lands in cornwall.where he meets a bunch of surfers who think hes an intelligent australian kangaroo.
(this is not too far fetched as any one who has met an ozzy surfer will tell.)

he and his new friends have his space ship cleverly concealed with lots of surf stickers and pieces of womens underwear in varouis places. the burn  marks from re entry are painted to look like tribal marks on the crafts outside.

skizz goes on to enter the fistral classic surf competion. and saves the day when once again only 2ft of surf is actaully avaible for the final. skizz uses his vehicle to crash into the sea and explode in several chain reaction erruptions causeing a whole day of great surf.
the contest is saved the ozzys are sad to lose their kangaroo like buddy but all go to the sailors arms that night to host a final toast to his memory.
but whilst this is taking place the US army GIs who also go there here of this skizz and contact the CIA. this cliff hanger finish will be the basis of the next book.

i intend to offer bolland the oppurtunity to paint this epic.i feel its been a long time since he was offered anything of this standard im sure he will wave his fee after reading this pitch.

i was considering MR gibson , but i realise he will be to busy on Halo jones.

this has been submittd by
Devons Daddy
 ambassador to singapore for the trout empire
and chief delegator of all assigned tasks.

HAIL TO THE TROUT
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dounreay

Excellent stuff DD. An inspired idea from DXB.

Think I'll put my feet up for a bit this weekend seing as how I've nowt to do apart from a bit of jestering on Saturday night.

Tough break for Garywilkinson though. Drag that cross Gary. What a way to spend Easter.

Slippery PD

Really good story DD, being a surfer myself in the UK.  I find it rather ironic......

Slaine.......  Ill have a ponder over the weekend!!

ukdane

Tharg missed me out- again (the wall, and now this :-()

Oh well, at least he remembers to deliver my prog to me early!
Cheers

-Daney

longmanshort

Could I bring back Junker? I promise to be quiet and just sit in the corner, frothing gently at the mouth and with my folder marked 'Sci-fi cliches, only open at times of dire emergency (ie. Pulp Sci-fi) Honestly, I wouldn't bother anyone - I'd even draw it myself!!!! Please!!! Ya gotta believe me!!!!!!!!!! Just gimme a chance!!!!!!!!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

thinky

what do you have to do to break into this clique and be a messageboard regular (other than regularly join in on the messageboard, of course)?

yttim
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Devons Daddy

DXB said please Q here
so that means you will be assigned a story.he was being nice and not forcing anyone to take part.
other the boards biggest slackers.

junker wow thats a tough one.how could you make that any worse? :~)

how to be in the clique. best way get unlimited non monitered work access on broad band and your own office.
works for me.;~)
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

"what do you have to do to break into this clique and be a messageboard regular?"

This is actually one of DXB's famous "list's". He's really punishing us all for annoying him at some point.

longmanshort

"junker wow thats a tough one.how could you make that any worse? :~)"

Was it my imagination or did Junker actually feature the first monkey in a major role in tooth? And it may be me making this up, but did he on occasion wear a hat? (John Ridgeway, please forgive me!)

I think we should be told!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Slippery PD

"what do you have to do to break into this clique and be a messageboard regular?"

Are we a clique???  I suspect, the only difference between us and you, is that you havent been here that long and some of us are FAR too regular in the Chat Room.  I suspect people like Boo and Mal will be able to answer these questions better....

Yer Slippo

karne

Nah, Don Uggie Apelino with his henchmen Fast Eek and Joe Banana's beat him to it years before.

Devons Daddy

so we are now actaully saying that ennis lastest dredd story is once again a rip off of someone elses materail
lynch him i say.
but back on track

yes he wore a space helmet if i can break down the mental black out junker has around it.

and we are not a clique,dont feel left out. it was  actaully a list of the truly handsome males on the board.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

Are you implying that Bou and Mal are "handsome males" DD?

Slippery PD

Well boo is a long distance lorry driver  called Bob :-)

Yer "She'll fecking kill me" Slippo