Main Menu

what did you do before

Started by Floyd-the-k, 08 April, 2004, 05:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

...you got into 2000 ad?

my previous crazes were Marvel comics, Dr Who (I used to have all the novels), sci fi, detective stories, the Saint (I tried to get all the books and almost made it), Flashman and Bernard Shaw

how about you?

pauljholden

Warlord. Misty and er.. Weetabix packets (back when they used to have Dr Who cut out figures with scenes printed on them - remember them?) and uhm... Jeeves and Wooster.

- pj
ps Dawn of the Dead is on tonight on BBC 2 at 11:30.

Max Kon

Beano and Dandy, and the Sonic comic. I also read lots of crazy books. I have also always been into breasts.

longmanshort

Transformers comics, a brief flirtation with the 'Beano Libraries', Commando and Starblazer ... oh, and a lingering attachment to the monitoring of the development of the breasts of the girl next door ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Quirkafleeg

UZI 4U

Before my first tooth phase: Warlord,Commando War Stories,dads old SF books and sneaky looks at little sisters Mistys.Hated all superhero stuff,hence no Marvel/DC.
 Before second tooth phase: Sex,drugs,rock&roll,bikes,alcohol.
Current status: Pipe,slippers,Werthers Originals :)
 Breasts a continual interest obviously.
 Jim

Noisybast

My great auntie (in both senses of the phrase) used to keep me supplied with just about every comic available. Off the top of my head: Spider-Man, Batman, Beano, Dandy, Whizzer & Chips, Beezer, Topper, Look-In, Eagle, Transformers, Zoids (Etc, Etc...)
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mangamax

Warlord, Bullett, Thunder, Battle, Action, Whizzer & Chips, Shiver & Shake, Pow, Mighty World Of Marvel, Look In, Beano, Dracula Lives, Planet Of The Apes.
Just how much pocket money was i getting???
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Steamboy

Never got into comics till I started 2000AD, I used to read alot of Sci-fi and fantasy novels, get wasted lots and play more comsole games than were possibly healthy for you. Comic geekdom came later in my life than most people(18 or 19)prior to that I didn't like any comics.

CU Krestel

Dounreay

Warlord for me too. Must have been a popular rag in its day. Monster Fun comic. Seem to remember some realy good cartoon art from that one. Battle, Action and Marvel/DC when I could get em which wasn't often.

I can still remember exactly where I was and how it felt to open up 2000 prog 1 and read the first page of Invasion. (This was after the Space Spinner was lost on the school roof obviously)  

Mangamax

Yeah, remember getting the spinner. But i was just as thrilled getting the codebooks, medals and patches that always seem to be free in the war comics.
There was some sort of medallion thing free with Look In that was a "Kung Fu" promo which i especially coverted.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Marbles

Tiger, Scorcher, Warlord, Battle, Roy Of The Rovers
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Satanist

Prior to my first encounter with 2000AD it was Warlord,Topper & Scream.Then I gave up comics and discovered Wimmin,Dope,Beer and Consoles.

Then I rediscovered 2000AD a few years ago and havent looked back.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Woolly

Nutty, then Dandy, Whizzer and Chips/Buster/Nipper. Then i discovered Oink, swiftly followed by Scream. When Scream ended, so did my interest till an old friend lent me City of the Damned, i started getting 2000ad soon after, never looked back!

WoD

I've always been into it.  Other things include...Weetabix.  Nutty?  Beano (as a kid).  Eagle (and any other comic I could get my hands on). Playing outside, grazing knees and clmbing trees and hanging on to the side of coal trains as they went past a slow corner until we fell off down the track when our arms got tired.  And other such things that meant we were risking our lives without realising it. And my old ZX81 and then Spectrum 48k.  Cubs and Scouting.  Then girls and booze and the rest is a blur of black-outs and bits itching when they shouldn't be.