Main Menu

Uh Oh

Started by GrinningChimera, 04 March, 2014, 08:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningChimera

Its me and my girlfriends 3 year anniversary in 24 days. And I haven't got a clue what to get her. What's a good present that will ensure lots of naughtiness for the rest of the year?

NapalmKev

How about asking her to Marry you?

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Banners

24 days!!! Blimey, it's my wife's birthday next week and I haven't given it a thought yet...!

Not on the High Street is a good place to start.

Spaceghost

It's my wife's 40th birthday at the end of the month and we're going to Budapest for a week. She told me she wants to save our money to spend on restaurants and sightseeing while we're there and so definitely doesn't want any presents.

This, translated from womanspeak, means "If you don't get me something you'll be in the frigging doghouse, sunshine".

As usual, I haven't got a bastard clue what to get her. She's not a collector or a particular fan of anything, she doesn't really read books, she's not bothered about owning DVDs, she likes baking and cooking but I don't want to buy her kitchen equipment as that's not personal enough.

She's never liked any of the clothes I've bought her (to be fair, I don't like other people buying me clothes either), neither has she seemed enamoured of my choice of jewellery in the past (not that she particularly wears it regularly anyway).

She doesn't drink and isn't bothered about chocolate, flowers are too temporary and a bit cliched.

AAAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHH!

She'd have hundreds of thing to choose from if she was getting me a present; anything Dredd or 2000 AD related, any anime DVDs/plastic tat, sci-fi/fantasy novels, beer, the list goes on. But her? Not a clue what she would like.

Sorry Chimera, if I can't even think of what to get my wife, who I've known for 19 years, there's no chance of me offering any useful suggestions for your missus.

You are, like all us poor man-chumps, on your own, pal.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

The Doctor Alt 8

OK you know what a woman wants? Step forward one who is qualified to speck....

EFFORT! THINKING!

(Duh, too hard! ) :lol:

Right step one... do you know your girlfriends mates... and how many friends do you have?

gather them together and ask for their help .... plan a surprise... something different...

CAUSE ANY DUMB-ASS CAN BOOK A trip/ restaurant/flowers/ gift....

if you care you will think differently....

Spaceghost

Yyyyeeeah. I'll probably just get her a card and a bag of fruit pastels and then bang her on the couch after the kids have gone to bed.

Romance.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

mimikeke

I'm gonna join the good Doc here and say if you can't think of any of her interests in life then maybe you should think a little harder :p  personally I couldn't care less about flowers chocolates or jewelry, but if she's that type of girl then go ahead!  Then again if it's been three years she might expect something with a little more thought haha.

Me and mine just celebrated my bday by him agreeing to go with me to see Karl Urban/Stephen Amell at that con and dealing with me talking about Dredd and Arrow all weekend  :lol:  poor guy

@spaceghost: lol you have the best idea so far. Guessing this is what I can look forward to after getting married and having kids

GrinningChimera

Quote from: Spaceghost on 04 March, 2014, 03:48:44 PM
Yyyyeeeah. I'll probably just get her a card and a bag of fruit pastels and then bang her on the couch after the kids have gone to bed.

Romance.

I'll be sure to bring a chair with me if I ever come round.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 04 March, 2014, 08:18:25 AM
And I haven't got a clue what to get her.

Pregnant. Failing that, shoes.

I have it on good authority that girlies only think about babies and shoes. It's why there's no room in their heads for important stuff about cars and sport.

No, no -- no need to thank me!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 04 March, 2014, 05:41:14 PM

Romance.

I doubt they'll let you watch.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 March, 2014, 05:43:52 PM

I have it on good authority that girlies only think about babies and shoes. It's why there's no room in their heads for important stuff about cars and sport.

@jamesfeistdraws

Dog Deever

Quote from: TordelBack on 04 March, 2014, 07:37:41 PM
Quote from: GrinningChimera on 04 March, 2014, 05:41:14 PM

Romance.

I doubt they'll let you watch.

Where the hell is the 'Like' button round here?
Tea on my screen now.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Dark Jimbo link=topic=40 >:(178.msg814987#msg814987 date=1393962706
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 March, 2014, 05:43:52 PM

Come to my place and say that to my face.... While I get my live sword and armor out..... 

GrinningChimera

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 04 March, 2014, 09:36:34 PM
Come to my place and say that to my face.... While I get my live sword and armor out.....

I'll be bringing my chair around again...

The Doctor Alt 8

Well don't sit too close.... Or you'll be in a splatter zone...